Ducato 3.0 2007 -Non cranking

Currently reading:
Ducato 3.0 2007 -Non cranking

Nobby66

Hello all,
I had my moho booked for an MOT last weekend. Checked it over at Christmas and all seemed well. Come Saturday, I got it ready to move but it wouldn't start? Nothing. Has never let us down before. Battery is not old and fully charged. It just wont crank and nothing dims suggesting I suppose an electrical gremlin or starter issue perhaps? It is 14 years old but only 40,000 miles.

The pre-heat coil light is flashing, is that a clue perhaps?
I have also noticed what I presume is an immobiliser symbol with a cross in it illuminates on the dash, as do the airbag and EML symbols but these all go out and stay out so presume that's normal?

It's not easy to move about at 7m long and I cant easily squeeze underneath. I'll get my meter out next weekend. Other than engine earths and solenoid power feed, is there anything obvious I should be looking for please?

Family have been isolating in the van last year and I was planning on replenishing the LPG when out for the MOT in case we need it again.

Hi :)

Can you get a car-van close enough to couple up jumpleads..?

Low charge is the obvious issue..
And a jump from another vehicle often overcomes poor earth cable too

Did it get a run at Xmas.. or just left idling?

Immobiliser .. not normally cutting out cranking.. just fuel injection rejected

Hi :)

Can you get a car-van close enough to couple up jump leads..?

Low charge is the obvious issue..
And a jump from another vehicle often overcomes poor earth cable too

Did it get a run at Xmas.. or just left idling?

Immobiliser .. not normally cutting out cranking.. just fuel injection rejected

Hi, it isn't a battery issue. I trickle charged it Sat night and it was 100% on Sunday and still no cranking. It started first time, as usual the week before. I let it warm up for 15 mins and it didn't move. I wasn't expecting a non start for the MOT :( It'll have to wait 'til next Sat now but thought I'd ask whilst I'm waiting. Appreciate your input too.

Back