Technical 2018 Panda 1.2 Hunting at Idle

Currently reading:
Technical 2018 Panda 1.2 Hunting at Idle

PRZ3509

Hello all,

Panda Pop, 2018, 14,000 miles.

The car hunts at idle, it seems (give or take) roughly every 10 seconds.

As a new member I am unable to post the link to a video I've put on Youtube but searching there for "Fiat Panda 319 Euro6 1.2 Hunting at Idle" you will find a 2 minute video I uploaded today.

Clearly noticeable at 00:20 00:29 01:29 01:40 01:52.

This seems an odd issue for such a new engine, despite the Euro6 strangling of it. Any pointers would be appreciated.

I've given it a good look over and nothing appears physically amiss.

Thank you!

Pretty sure our 2017 one does those minor occasional blips. I'd say hunting would be more sustained increases/decreases in revs and more of a concern. This just seems to be normal.

Hi :)

Have you owned it for thousands of miles..?

Is this something that has gradually crept in.. or happened suddenly..?

Hi, no, I've had the car a week.

Pretty sure our 2017 one does those minor occasional blips. I'd say hunting would be more sustained increases/decreases in revs and more of a concern. This just seems to be normal.

It's more than a "blip", what you describe is what I'd call "surging" (the cyclical raising and falling of revs). This sounds like it drops down to 3 cylinders, like a misfire, but not. I certainly wouldn't call it normal.

Just looking for obvious common-causes while I wait for the 3rd year warranty to be transferred and it goes off to the stealer.

Cheers

Don't use Supermarket fuel, Shell V Power and bottle of Redex. Also chance plugs need swapping, which may as well get done now as wear and tear. Hope sort it.

Don't use Supermarket fuel, Shell V Power and bottle of Redex. Also chance plugs need swapping, which may as well get done now as wear and tear. Hope sort it.

SOME fuel WOULD HELP ;)

The 'light side' soon tails off leaving poorly combusting stuff..

We are at least lucky to have stable fuel in the UK.. in some US states it would need a rebuild after lockdown :eek:

Back