Technical 500x DAB Reception / Aerial Mount

Currently reading:
Technical 500x DAB Reception / Aerial Mount

G1WLM

DAB radio reception signals on our 2016 500X have all but gone now. Previous threads suggest replacement aerial support bases have been the cure for some but just reaching out to the community to ask if that is my likely fix. The replacement bases costs £115+P&P for the Sat Nav+DAB version.

I'm out of warranty now so it's a diy repair for me. Any tips on removing the headline to gain access to the connections and fixing bolt would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

Did you ever resolve this problem as I notice that nobody responded. I have a similar issue with mine where the signal has been deteriorating. I have found access to the antenna mount by lowering the rear of the headlining is quite simple, but I think the mount needs replacing as cleaning it made no difference. Did you buy an OEM fitment or did an aftermarket unit work?

Hello. Sorry for not replying sooner. Regrettably, I haven't found the time to repair my aerial yet. My wife mostly drives the car and rarely complains however your message is a welcome reminder for me to add it to the list of summer jobs. I'll let you know how I get on. Gary

Hello. Sorry for not replying sooner. Regrettably, I haven't found the time to repair my aerial yet. My wife mostly drives the car and rarely complains however your message is a welcome reminder for me to add it to the list of summer jobs. I'll let you know how I get on. Gary

No problem, I have replaced mine. Access was simple. I removed the side pillar trims, then released the trim clips holding the rear of the headlining which allowed it to drop down sufficiently for full access to the mount. I don't have DAB or sat nav, but the principle is exactly the same, just a lot cheaper.

Hello there,

Just to close out this thread, I did purchase a replacement aerial base and we now have DAB again. Thanks for your advice on gaining access to the bolt fixing and cables via the headlining. It was as easy as you described.

G

Can't believe the cost of these replacement units was looking into one for my Tipo to see if it would improve the patchy dab quality but when I saw the price I just said sod that being a Yorkshiremen

i know this is kinda a old post but gonna share my experience with my wifes 2017 pop , i didnt get a chance to actually see what they replaced , in roof above backseats, if there was some kind of control module or just literally a antenna, but its on the 4th dab antenna as they keep failing like every 6-8 months

I did this today, after replacing the rear brakes pads and rotors if any of you are that observant? If you undo the covers on the rear quarters, prise them out from above or the side, the bottom part is a retaining lug and will break off if you prise from the bottom(guess how I found that out?) Undo the 6mm allen bolts and the quarter panel pull off. There are 2 clips holding up the roof lining and if you pull them down slowly you will get access to the aerial base retaining bolt (10mmAF)and the aerial plugs. On my car there are three connectors, blue, grey and white, I don't know which does what but we now have DAB, FM radio and Satnav!! The loss of DAB prompted me to fit a new base,

Back