Technical Glow Plugs warning light.

Currently reading:
Technical Glow Plugs warning light.

Past couple of weeks I've had the glow plugs symbol flash up with warning on start up. Only on start up, after 20 seconds it stops flashing and goes away. I've had a couple of ropey starts in the morning, but it still started. I saw a video on youtube showing how to change the glowies but it involved removing the DPF ect to access the plugs. Seems like a big palaver to get to them.
Anyone have any experience with this? could it be a battery issue as I also get the stop/start unavailable warning (which also goes away) and S/S doesn't work (which I don't really mind).
I have just seen a thread where varesecrazy said you can try unpluging the leads incase it is a bad connection. How do I go about doing that?
Euro 5

Cheers all, Ben.

This is my engine
My glow plugs were easy to change with the air box removed[see pic]
I have heard horror stories of stripping threads but i just sprayed the plugs with WD40 on a warm engine left over night sprayed them again after warming the engine again no different to changing spark plugs

Attachments

• Multijet.jpg
    Multijet.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 46
  • fiat-500-engine-13-multijet-diesel-169a1000-code-75-bhp-fits-2007-2010-460389_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    fiat-500-engine-13-multijet-diesel-169a1000-code-75-bhp-fits-2007-2010-460389_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    837 KB · Views: 338
It's easy to change them on the Multijet I, but dificult with the Multijet II. I've heard stories about some guys removing them with tiny ratches/wrenches but i'm not sure if it's true... So DPF or turbo probably needs to be removed.
Replugging the leads is not a bad idea BTW. If you can get to them...

I had the same problem but I decided not to do it myself just in case if something snap, dealer done it for 150 pounds (4 plugs and labour ) so not too bad

Back