Images on Windows 10

Currently reading:
Images on Windows 10

The Beard

Prominent member
My old Acer laptop was getting increasingly cantankerous as it got older, so I decided to put it out to pasture and get a new one. I didn't particularly want anything with bells and whistles on it, and certainly didn't want one for gaming but I did want a larger screen and a separate numeric keypad.

So I ended up with a HP Pavilion which also has a touchscreen. OK so far, but when I loaded up some photographs I found this Windows 10 gubbins isn't quite as good as I thought it would be.

Although I can much about a bit with the image I can't title the pics nor can I find a way of creating folders to put them in so what I'm left with is one folder with a lot of pictures in it.

Am I missing something?

And another thing, the sound is awful, despite having B&o on the front the the sound isn't as good through headphones as was the old Acer nor my several years old Samsung tablet, despite having a kind of graphic equaliser.

So much so that I'm sitting here typing this while listening to Heart performing Stairway to Heaven on the Samsung.

Which reminds me, why am I listening on a pair of 20 year old Beyer Dynamics when I've got a new pair of Kefs in the cupboard?

Why have I asked you that?

No idea!

Can’t comment on sound but you should in any folder, be able to right click and hit new then folder.

To rename anything click once on the text of the file name wait a moment and click a second time on the text and it should allow you to rename or again right click and find rename in the right click menu, non of these things are different on any version of windows from the last 25 years.

Apple put pictures into a separate system that has to "export" them to a normal files system directory (folder) if you want to do anything with them.

Has Win 10 gone the same way?

Apple put pictures into a separate system that has to "export" them to a normal files system directory (folder) if you want to do anything with them.

Has Win 10 gone the same way?
No why would it?
That just sounds daft and more complex for little benefit

Then again same with iTunes using its own library system for adding music details e.g album art and album name rather then standard id3 tags

Back