General Manual

Currently reading:
General Manual

steve gray

Hi I need to carry out some repairs on my pander anyone know the correct Haynes manual for fiat pander easy 5 door 2013

Hi I need to carry out some repairs on my pander anyone know the correct Haynes manual for fiat pander easy 5 door 2013

Wrong section for the 2013

The Haynes manual for the 169 is pants in my opinion.

To give you a couple of examples. Most of the engine management wiring is missing, the most important part. Some of the torque values are wildly wrong.

There are nowhere near as good as they use to be

You should be able to find a version. Of the eLearn on the Web somewhere. Try searching polish forums ?

Takes a bit of setting up I use a vertical drive to emulate a CD drive on my tablet

Hi Thanks for your comment and no disrespect meant but I’m 70 and don’t know anything about virtual drives etc I’m simply looking for a straight forward manual that will show me where and how to access the heater matrix in my fiat panda easy 2013

Haynes doesn't do one past 2012

This section of the forum is for up to 2012

Although similar they are also quite different

Best posting in the post 2012 section

On a 06 it involves

Disconnect the battery
Drain the coolant
Pop out the passenger airbag switch from the glove box
Remove the glovebox
Remove the passenger side dash screws just the ones underneath
Loosen the passenger airbag. Cant remember if there is also a screw under here but you don't have to disconnect it pop it back in place loose
Pop up the plastic ring holding the gear gaiter down
Lift out the section underneath
Remove the screws holding the gear lower trim in place
Remove the trim its tricky as there are also clips left side is always easy right side always fights you
On the left side there it a Black cover held on with tiny bolts remove.
You can now see the matrix and a plastic joining pipe
Remove the one screw and nut holding them together
In the engine Bay disconnect the two hoses. You will have to break the clamps off and replace with new clips
Remove the bolts holding the Black plastic cover down and pull the plastic pipes out
Inside the car pull the matrix out while lifting up the dash
Its a very tight squeeze but just doable without taking out the dash out fully by giving it enough wiggle room

Its been a few years so may have missed something out

Pandamime did a "How to video" for removing the dash from a Panda 169. He's only taken out the plastic, not the whole steel tube structure beneath, but it should allow access for changing the heater fan speed resistor and may well improve access for the heater matrix. Just beware the steel structure underneath has razor sharp edges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-G6rwnRQFI

BUT have you checked the "Duck Bill's". These are the drain tabs for the air intake plenum beneath the windscreen wipers. They clog with dirt and can get bad enough to collect rain water that runs into the car.

Last edited:
ok can anyone tell me where and how to access the heater matrix on my fiat pander easy 5 door 2013 I've been told I don't have to take out the dash to reconnect the Bowden cable to the heater box

Back