Technical Gear unavailable - 2013 Panda Easy

Currently reading:
Technical Gear unavailable - 2013 Panda Easy

mick8791

Hi everyone,
I recently purchased a 2013 Panda Easy 0.9L Turbo with about 70,000 on the clock.
We have had the vehicle for less than a month when we started having issues with the transmission.
While driving the car will drop out of gear - revving as though it is in neutral even though the display reads it to still be in gear (usually 2 or 3). The warning triangle will appear and spits out the error message "gear unavailable - see manual". The only way to rectify the issue is to switch the car off for 30ish seconds and drive gently up to speed.

A bit of testing yesterday suggested the error would occur when accelerating - particularly with the pedal pushed deeply.

I have the car booked at a local Fiat service centre next week, but was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the issue before I get there.

Thanks in advance.

You probably want to post in the panda section rather than the punto section which is where you have posted, few people look in this section as punto sales died off in the run up to the punto being cancelled

Back