Technical door storage pocket

Currently reading:
Technical door storage pocket

Hi. I have a 1994 Panda Colour and it has a door storage pocket on the driver's door (right hand side).
Does anybody know if there should be one on the passenger side as well?

Ah OK thanks. The pre-drilled mounting holes are so tempting!
I found a well-worn looking item on Italian ebay but postage was dearer than the item so I decided to give it a miss. The parcel shelf will have to do.
I was thinking that I was now only left with cosmetic stuff, and then nice mechanical jobs, like ball joints, bushes, brake pads and discs etc to do, but at the weekend I found a bit of rot I had missed high up behind the training arm mount on the passenger side, and I uncovered a bit more by the back end of the sill on the driver's side. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and take the tank out for safety to get at the end of sill repair (see picture).
Any thoughts on that anybody?

Attachments

• P1030577.JPG
    P1030577.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 60
That was my thinking too..

Then I thought it would be a great idea to buy a Seicento to run while I worked on the Panda, then pratted about with that instead, then found rust under that too so bought another Seicento that I've spent all lockdown transferring the bits onto that I put onto the first one, now that one appears to be a bit short on oil pressure and meanwhile the spiders are doing their best to enhance the structural integrity on this...
Maybe don't do all that, but getting the tank off is probably a good idea if you're welding round the filler pipe.

Just go steady. Not too bad for mine but that's mostly because father in law fitted it all about 20 years ago and he's very much in the habit of liberally smearing everything in grease as he assembles it which makes life much easier, if messier, later on. As above the trim on the end of the filler pipe will be brittle with age and not particularly easy to shift anyway. The other bits to be particularly ginger with are the little plastic elbow joints where the fuel pipes exit the tank. Open up the little hatch under the boot matting & get them disconnected before you start dropping the tank.
To get at the front bolt holding the tank just note it genuinely is easier to either completely remove the rear axle or at least remove the large bolt through the centre bush to drop it out the way a little. You can see the bolt you need to get out at the front of the tank and it is temptingly just accessible enough to make you think you must be able to get it out without moving the beam.... and you can actually do it, but life's too short! Made that mistake before.
Anything else is pretty obvious and if nothing else if you start shearing bolts or whatever, once it's out you've got good access and a heavy session of power tool use coming anyway to sort it out.

Back