General Car boot, central locking

Currently reading:
General Car boot, central locking

hazelnut

Hi, I went to open my car boot today and It won’t open, when I tried to open the door with the fob the lights would flash but nothing happened so I had to open the door with the key but the inside handles didn’t move, I don’t know if related but for some while now when I turn the engine on the back window wiper goes off. Any suggestions

Hi, I went to open my car boot today and It won’t open, when I tried to open the door with the fob the lights would flash but nothing happened so I had to open the door with the key but the inside handles didn’t move, I don’t know if related but for some while now when I turn the engine on the back window wiper goes off. Any suggestions

Hi & welcome! It sounds like the dreaded tailgate wiring issue! It’s a common issue with 500s

If you can get the boot open peel back very carefully the rubber flex cover to reveal if any wires are broken (probably)

It’s a job that can be done by most competent DIY and you can get the replacement loom on eBay I’m sure someone will be along shortly to advise further.
It does need sorting ASAP as an electronic fault is the last thing you need!

Hi & welcome! It sounds like the dreaded tailgate wiring issue! It’s a common issue with 500s

If you can get the boot open peel back very carefully the rubber flex cover to reveal if any wires are broken (probably)

It’s a job that can be done by most competent DIY and you can get the replacement loom on eBay I’m sure someone will be along shortly to advise further.
It does need sorting ASAP as an electronic fault is the last thing you need!
That’s great, thanks. Do you know of anyway of opening the boot from the inside

Back