Technical No sound in radio

Currently reading:
Technical No sound in radio

ZPJ

Hi, I have a problem with radio. Antenna works, radio (a factory new Blaupunkt) switches on and all seems to be functioning, but... no sound. The loudspeakers are completely dead. If it was faulty connections there should be interference and noise, but no. All wiring should be properly connected (I did that during winter) and speakers were OK then. Are there some "hidden" junctions in the wiring loom (for example behind the dash) that could have been disconnected? I tried with another set but problem persists. Any ideas?

Seems odd they are all dead. You could put a meter across the speaker connections behind the stereo, when unplugged from the stereo...should have a resistance 4-8ohms....so you can tell if there is a break in the wire to the speakers, or a short

I think there might be another connector one side of the door hinge, but couldn't swear on it

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: ZPJ
Thanks for the replies, fader it was not, I cheked that as well. I will check the wiring today with a multimeter. Cheers!

There are connectors by the door. 41 and 51, but it doesn't make sense they've both failed. Unless the doors have been off and they weren't reconnected?

Attachments

• wiring.jpg
    wiring.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 36
  • wiring2.jpg
    wiring2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 158
Back