Technical 1000cc fire rebore

Currently reading:
Technical 1000cc fire rebore

matthewnum14

Engine has a scored cylinder and piston any one successfully had one bored and new pistons ?

What are engine parts availability like ?

IMG_1726.JPGIMG_1727.JPG

*Ahem 1108 Ahem*

hmm i am not sure on replacement rings. some must be around somewhere.

i would be tempted to swap the block out for one from a punto 55 or cinquecento sporting.
pretty sure the panda 999cc cylinder head fits right on with no issues :D
someone will correct me if i am wrong though. hey you could just use the 1108 head and swap the cam shaft out for the panda one so you can use the fuel pump still.

Yup, 1108 block marries up. Extra capacity is in stroke not bore so to keep it standard you'd need to swap in crankshaft and rods, but easier to just take the extra cc, the carb will run it no bother. Keep the original head for simplicity, injection heads don't have the hole for the rod that drives the mechanical pump and you'd need to be pretty accurate to drill it out.

1108 or 1242 swap would be perfect right about now but if you want an original then I've just taken a 999 out of my 4x4 so it will be available if you want the whole engine or just the bottom end!

Cheers for you help, what mk/year of Punto or uno would have a engine I can salvage?

mk1 punto 55 (up to year 2001)
any Cinquecento sporting

... pretty much any Fiat up to about 2001. after that they went fly by wire and have a knock sensor in the cam cover. though i dont think the block or cylinder head changed. so if you wanted to keep carbed the original 999cc manifold would bolt on any 1108cc engine no matter how new or old it was

mk1 punto 55 (up to year 2001)
any Cinquecento sporting

... pretty much any Fiat up to about 2001. after that they went fly by wire and have a knock sensor in the cam cover. though i dont think the block or cylinder head changed. so if you wanted to keep carbed the original 999cc manifold would bolt on any 1108cc engine no matter how new or old it was

Heads are different on the multipoint engines - studs are spaced further apart for the inlet manifold so 999cc head would marry up to any 1108 block, but carb manifold would only fit a single point head.

Back