General 1.1 SPI to 1.1 MPI swap

Currently reading:
General 1.1 SPI to 1.1 MPI swap

TheAutopsy

Hi guys. I come to you with someting that I found no answer to while searching.
I have a 1.1 SPI engine. And its leaking oil alot, and I cant find the source, and when I'm driving if I press the clutch the car wont iddle and will shut off.
So I was thinking about fixing the engine or puting a new one in. I found a 1.1 MPI engine from a 2004 punto that looks in good shape. My question is can you just put the MPI engine and will it work with the SPI ECU and wiring? Do you need to change something else.
By looking at it the diferences I saw was the injection (obsviusly) and the alternator was a bit diferente and the crank pulley was a bit diferrent.
Any help is appreciated.

I don't know where its coming from. I thought that It was because of the oil pump was cracked on the case. But the oil seams to be above the oil sump aswell. So I can't figure it out.
If I put the intake of the SPI on the MPI engine will it work? Or the head wont allow to put the SPI bits on there?

I don't know where its coming from. I thought that It was because of the oil pump was cracked on the case. But the oil seams to be above the oil sump aswell. So I can't figure it out.
If I put the intake of the SPI on the MPI engine will it work? Or the head wont allow to put the SPI bits on there?

MPi head is a different casting with different ports.

Cheers

D

You need the wiring for the 4 injectors until it goes to 2 wires. If you connect this to the 2 wires for the stock injector it will work. Not sure about emissions.

But if you do this try find a 1.2 from a punto. they have a lot more torque

You need the wiring for the 4 injectors until it goes to 2 wires. If you connect this to the 2 wires for the stock injector it will work. Not sure about emissions.

But if you do this try find a 1.2 from a punto. they have a lot more torque

So I can put the complete engine and the wiring from my SPI will have all the connections for the MPI engine and the ECU will work aswell?

Yes you only need the plugs for the 4 injectors. And the mpi engine probably has a camshaft sensor. You just leave it unplugged

So I have been looking in to this. And on the FAQ section there are the swap questions and they say that
"the cylinder head is designed to take the Punto 75 intake manifold with four fuel injectors as opposed to the Cento's one mounted in the throttle body. The bolt spacing on the head just doesn't match up, so your cento intake manifold and throttle body won't bolt up. You could fit the Punto 75 manifold, but to make it work with multi point injection you would need to have the Punto 75 ecu and engine bay wiring loom mated up to your cento - not too easy as the Punto ecu's sit on the opposite side of the engine bay or use a seperate ECU such as megasquirt but thats a lot more work & cost.
Getting the throttle cable matched up again might be tricky too.
The 75's ecu and injectors need to be supplied with between 2.5 and 3.5 bar of fuel pressure (depending on year of donor car) as opposed to the 1.0 bar that the Centos run at - something which you will need to address.

The 75 engine has a slightly hotter cam than standard, allegedly the same as Novitec offer for 1108's as a fast road option. if you're keen you could buy a 75 engine then do a mix n'match - 75 engine block +Cento head and 75 cam."

Is this information outdated then? The guide was done on 2007. None of this issues are real?

Back