Technical Android Car Radio Installation

Currently reading:
Technical Android Car Radio Installation

JeBy

Hi everyone

I just bought a new car radio with a bigger screen for my Fiat Punto 2012 but the unit is not powering on. I already have a unit with a smaller screen that works perfectly and the new unit has an adaptor so it should just be plug & play but nope… Does anyone have any experience with this?

This is my new unit:
aliexpress . com/item/4000305344079.html

And this is my old unit:
fiatnavigation . com/en/fiat-punto/

(sorry I can't post urls yet apparently)

I've also included some photos of the wiring and the CAN bus.

You think it's the adaptor? The AliExpress shop keeps asking me if the ACC wire has 12V but I don't have any tools to check this. Apparently older Puntos had to have an extra wire from below the steering wheel but apparently this is not a thing any more right?

Thanks in advance for any replies guys!

JeBy

Attachments

• IMG_5306.JPG
    IMG_5306.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_1425.JPG
    IMG_1425.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5454.JPG
    IMG_5454.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
Thanks for your reply! I did search in that forum but all of the topics are about the Grande Punto which is a different wiring than mine because mine's factory head unit was the Daicchi Multimedia system so it should be working? Or am I missing something?

Could a moderator move this thread to the ICE section please? Thanks!!

No results on Daicchi, but that's my old HU. My new HU shows up for the Grande Punto, but that wiring is different so I'm not really finding what I need. From what I understand from researching it should just be plug & play.

Hopefully somebody that has a Punto 2012+ or Evo has some more info?

Every headunit needs a minimum of three things to work - earth, permanent live and switched live. Both lives can come from the same source for testing purposes, so work out which pins on the back of the headunit these are and connect them directly to a power source (ie. battery) - this at least will eliminate the new HU as being faulty.

Back