Technical Error code - P069749. Sensor supply 3 - internal electronic failure

Currently reading:
Technical Error code - P069749. Sensor supply 3 - internal electronic failure

hireahymer

Help please - I'm a new member (hello all) with a 2013 2.3 fiat ducato motorhome. It has gone into limp mode. So far we (my mechanic) have tried changing the throttle body and pedal, the egr valve, ecu, and have cleaned out the inlet manifold egr pipes and cooler.
Can anyone point me in the right direction...
Thanks
Peter

From what I can find P0697-49 refers to an electrical error (open or short circuit, or incorrect voltage) in the monitoring circuit of the sensor group that includes the items you have listed.

It could be caused by a wiring fault in the looms connecting the various devices, as well as the items themselves. The Ducato wiring and connectors are known to suffer from water ingress damage, particularly in underbonnet areas where they are subject to road spray or the infamous water leak past the scuttle panel into the engine bay.

The first thing I would check is the engine earth. If you have a decent set of high capacity jump leads, try connecting one lead between a suitable point on the engine and the chassis earthing point in the engine bay. If that solves the problem, replace the braided engine/gearbox earth lead. In fact, if you haven't replaced that, it is probably a good idea anyway. It can still look outwardly fine, although having built up a high resistance from corrosion in the braiding resulting in spurious error codes.

According to a post I found on a Polish forum, the DPF sensor and wiring is also included in the same monitoring circuit. In that case, the same DTC was resolved by replacing the DPF pressure sensor. It was found to be full of water and shorting out - another problem I have seen reported on several occasions.

Other than that, it may be down to methodically checking all the relevant wiring connectors for signs of corrosion or water ingress, including those in and under the engine fuse box and at the ECU. Moisture has been known to get inside the cable sheathing also, either at the connectors or where wiring has abraded against adjacent components. The wiring beneath the fuse box is notorious for this and sometimes referred to as rusty junction!

Bonjour ,je suis nouveau membre et j'ai le même problème Pcode P0697-49 .
J'ai fait divers control .Le problème est survenu après le remplacement de la batterie porteur c'est sur un camping car ducato 2.3l de 2015
Le problème ne viendrais pas du calculateur qui aurait perdu des paramètres (peut être qu'une mise a jour du calculateur résolus le problème ? )
Je mets le moteur en marche témoin injection allumé plus les ventilateur qui tourne, au bout de un certain temps je peux supprimer le défaut
J'ai remarqué qu'a froid si je mets le contact et que j'attends une demi-heure et plus le voyant moteur s'allume et les ventilateur ne tourne pas et je peux effacer le défaut
J'ai essayé de vous donner le maximum de détaille si une âme charitable peux venir à mon secoure
MERCI

Attachments

• IMG_20230421_115041.jpg
    IMG_20230421_115041.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 181
Google translate @jojodes
Hello, I am a new member and I have the same problem Pcode P0697-49.
I did various checks. The problem occurred after replacing the carrier battery, it is on a 2015 ducato 2.3l motorhome
The problem would not come from the computer which would have lost parameters (maybe an update of the computer solved the problem?)
I start the engine with the injection warning light on plus the fan running, after a while I can clear the fault
I noticed that if I switch on the ignition and wait half an hour and more, the engine light comes on and the fans don't turn on when I'm cold and I can erase the fault.
I tried to give you as much detail as possible if a charitable soul can come to my rescue.
THANK YOU

Aidez-moi s'il vous plaît - je suis un nouveau membre (bonjour à tous) avec un camping-car fiat ducato 2013 2.3. Il est passé en mode mou. Jusqu'à présent, nous (mon mécanicien) avons essayé de changer le corps de papillon et la pédale, la vanne egr, l'ecu, et avons nettoyé les tuyaux egr du collecteur d'admission et le refroidisseur.
Est-ce que quelqu'un peut-il me montrer la bonne direction...
Merci
Pierre
Bonjour ,depuis votre annonce je pense que vous êtes dépanné .quelle étais votre incident sur votre véhicule ,pour voir s'il y a un lien avec mon problème
Merci

Hello, since your announcement I think you have been repaired. What was your incident on your vehicle, to see if there is a link with my problem
THANKS
@jojodes die you fix your Problem by now?

I have the same error on my 2014 2.3 Multijet after a cold start.
The idle rpm might drop after the first start attempt so I have to try 2-3 times. From then the motor runs fine - besides beeing in limp mode.

When the motor is warm, the error can be deleted and will only come back at the next cold start (not completely cold but after the motor was off for more than at least 2 minutes).

I will see if I have more luck at a dealer near San Sebastian tomorrow. The information from @RS3100 seems very helpful (for an mechanic).
South of Bordeaux it seems impossible to find a FIAT dealer who is willing to have a look at it (before October). All very busy and it seems they don't like camping tourists who don't speak french :(

Hi,

The fault code can be caused by any sensor on circuit c failing.
A very likely suspect is the pressure sensor for the dpf - if your vehicle is euro5 standard sensor may be easy to access under the vehicle.

Good luck.

Jack

@jojodes est-ce que vous avez résolu votre problème maintenant ?

J'ai la même erreur sur mon Multijet 2.3 2014 après un démarrage à froid.
Le régime de ralenti peut baisser après la première tentative de démarrage, je dois donc essayer 2 à 3 fois. À partir de là, le moteur tourne bien - en plus d'être en mode boiteux.

Lorsque le moteur est chaud, l'erreur peut être supprimée et ne réapparaîtra qu'au prochain démarrage à froid (pas complètement à froid mais après que le moteur soit resté éteint pendant plus d'au moins 2 minutes).

Je verrai demain si j'ai plus de chance chez un concessionnaire près de Saint-Sébastien. Les informations de @RS3100 semblent très utiles (pour un mécanicien).
Au sud de Bordeaux, il semble impossible de trouver un concessionnaire FIAT disposé à venir la voir (avant octobre). Tous très occupés et il semble qu'ils n'aiment pas les touristes en camping qui ne parlent pas français.:(
Bonjour, j'ai résolu m'a panne qui était un peu similaire .Capteur de pression de FAP , le ventilateur qui a tourné au démarrage à froid plus voyant moteur ( le ventilateur ne tourné pas quand je débranche le capteur du FAP ) Si cela peut vous être utile

Translation: I solved a problem which was a little similar. DPF pressure sensor fault - the fan turned on when engine cold start plus engine light (the fan does not turn when I disconnect the DPF sensor) If that helps be useful to you

Back