General Sad day but inevitable I s'pose...

Currently reading:
General Sad day but inevitable I s'pose...

After a lot of soul searchin I've decided it's time to call it a day with the bugs.
If anybody wants a bug or two gizza shout.
Both 04's JTD's ELX's 1.9s, one blue, one purple both with MOT, the blue one till December and the purple one till July /August '20.
Only 2 minor bits to report everything works as it should on both:
The blue one needs the clutch bleeding, the purple one wants the spare flexi fitting, that's it.
The purple one is in every day use and the blue one can be with very little effort.
Both very reliable with no issues.
If they ain't gone by Wednesday it'll be tin can alley, I need em gone or I might wake up and change me mind.
Any takers? Open to reasonable offer for each or both, you decide.
The C4GP has taken over the household...
Cheers
George

Last edited:
There's unfortunately no way I'd be able to do anything with these this side of Christmas, especially as I'm not driving at the moment after snapping an Achilles tendon a few weeks back. Having also been in a C4 grand recently I can see why you're making the choice?

I'm still torn between me 'art n me 'ed.
As a lot of you know I've had me fair share of these loveable bugs an I ain't got a bad word to say about em - even when they deserve it (think alternators, clutch's an arse ends) :rolleyes:
Havin sed that, I ain't had anythin really serious happen and I've never suffered a on-road breakdown in any of em.
It seems sacrilege to drive two good working bugs to the knackers yard when both of which could give good service to someone.
But, I've got 4 motors here now and the councils makin noises so summats got to give, this C4GP is a hell of a motor, it's even got more 'van' room than the bug - an that's sayin sumthin. (without removing the seats :cool: )
Knowing my luck the C4 will breakdown as soon as the bugs are bean cans :eek:
If anybody wants a bug please gizza shout asking only £200 quid each and both MOT'd.
They have to be gone by Wednesday.
I'm nearly in tears at the thought of a bugless driveway.
George

George,

Good luck whatever way you end up going, your wise input has always been greatly appreciated.
I am not able to play with Multiplas for a a few months, with some urgent family and work issues that have piled up, else I would have grabbed one of yours off you.

Be lucky ... Lee

Last edited:
I actually answered this post and didn't click the submit button - now I know I need a brain transplant - mind you, I reckon a single brain cell would be a big help :rolleyes:

So, here we go again...

Before I took over ownership of the C4 I was given the car for a two week 'trial' period - (never had that before) so I thought that's a good sign.
The car took a bit of getting used to, never had a handbrake that let itself off when you press the go faster knob - then resets the handbrake when you turn the bloody ignition off. (picture me looking everywhere for the bloody handbrake...:idea:)
I played with all the knobs and buttons (like a kid in a toy shop) and was amazed at the amount of gizmo's it had got - I even had to get out the dummy book to see how some bits worked, especially the bloody dash, I think I need a crash course in 'dashboards for dummies', but I got there in the end and liked what I'd got.
So, a fortnight later I took it on.
During the 'trial' I had chance to peruse the history of the motor and was aware of the rear air suspension problems that have been highlighted with the C4's. The previous owner had spent £1200 last year on a air compressor and bags and some work on the brakes.
So I felt reasonably content that I shouldn't be getting much trouble from that. Generally the car has been kept in decent order - there's the usual crap plastic parts (glove box lids, boot strip and boot lock) that do need attention but other than that there doesn't appear to be any issues that I should be worried about.
But ticking all the boxes on the C4 I still grieve over the demise of the bugs, they've been so bloody reliable and trouble free, it's gonna take an extra special shed to replace em.
I won't be far away and if I can be of help to anybody I shall pitch in.
So, for now, adieu kind friends
George

I knew this would happen,these bugs shudda bin gone a week ago, but they're still here!
I just can't pick up the fone to call the geeza from the can factory.
Summats gorra appen tho cuz I car keep em.
Looks like I'll have to have a couple of days at our kids place in Portugal whilst 'er in doorz' does the dirty deed.
Alright I'm a coward, but my babies av got feelings - or have I lost me bloody marbles and shouldn't be such a wuss?

George

George,

Cannot stress enough that the Multipla is just another car. If the C4GP is giving you better service then indeed the bugs must go. If you have tried to advertise at scrap price with no takers then bean tins it is. They are unfortunately in that awkward stage where they are worth peanuts and yet many of us on here have poured 1000s of pounds & hours at them. Rest assured if you ever did want to return you could probably find one cheap enough.
They are a fabulous design and incredibly versatile. However your needs / wants are allowed to change. I personally now fancy something automatic as 100 miles a day is getting a little tiresome in the shed. Plus the ungrateful little bugger has a habit of responding to any attention I give it by throwing up a new fault. The grass is always greener etc, i'm sure a new (to me) car would come with it's own expensive issues.

Anyway, good luck, I do hope someone takes on at least one of your bugs as we know they've been cared for. If they are destined for scrap, please whip out both of the drivers side wheel arch liners before they go for me & Longprest. :D

Back