General Car complete dead RAC & Electrical man don't know!

Currently reading:
General Car complete dead RAC & Electrical man don't know!

Theflyingpostman

My car had another problem as I drove home from work, I have a power steering failure but carry on drive to home with heavy muscle turn the steering wheel. The next morning it start fine the power steering warning light was gone, I drove to work again, the power cut again with full lights on dashboard but the engine is running so I pull over to safe place and called RAC it arrived later but he could not diagnostic because the car have no power to read the ECU. So he put a tempory battery but a nothing it won't turn over the engine no movement needles also no lights on the dashboard. He removed the ECU & spray cleaning and plug back in, nothing. It was towed away to my home and he give a other chance to checked the fuse everywhere but no fused. The main blue fuse 60AMPS near the engine is fine. He said I am very sorry I don't know what is wrong you shall have go to Auto Electrical.

I make appointment them to come, when he come he try to start the engine it running everything is fine! he has been check everywhere no error code, the alternator is function right output power to the battery.

Now this morning same issue nothing come on I am very worried it could be a major failure I think ECU is corrput? Before I had a problem with Fob keys it was reprogram but it won't locked the door with fob but it start the engine I don't know if this is relation to this issue?

Last edited:
Guess what you are right! when I look the black cable and touch the headlight flicker so I know the cable must be rotten inside. Thanks very much! ;-)

Back