Currently reading:
General Service update

TTR

Established member
Eh up all,

Serviced the TA Cross the other day, picked up:-

Air filter / oil filter / spark plugs all oem for £34.00
Petronas 0/30 oil to Fiat spec at £30.00 from euro car parts

Got the spark plugs out no issue, used a standard 1/2 inch socket extension and 10mm plug socket, torqued up at 20Nm. Put smear of copper grease on the plug washer and threads just to be sure.

Oil filter needed a wobble bar and a bit of force to shift, 25mm impact socket on top so no chance of slipping off and rounding the plastic nut, everything back on and nipped up. Put smear of new oil on rubber ring first.

Sump plug 17mm again on and off no issues, torqued up to 25Nm.

One comment I will make is the Intergrated dip stick is 5h1te(n)can hardly see the level who’s bright idea was it to make it cream colour :bang:

To say Fiat charge circa £300.00 I’m struggling- appreciate I ain’t got a service stamp but given cars a keeper like the last one I ain’t worried about resale value. More concerned about the job being done properly.

Hope this helps someone out.

Cheers all.

20191113_193205.jpg
I have taken a pic of my Service stamp...a bit of fun really but i hate to see an empty square after my hard work and knowing it was serviced with love and care...

TTR my Panda takes 3.5 litres according to every garage bill, so if put 3 in then check before last bit. It's so thin it looks see through. I wait fortnight before I check again. Yours should last over a decade easily. Not a great deal to go wrong which is nice.

Back