General Help with AGM batterries

Currently reading:
General Help with AGM batterries

boatyy

I believe there are different types of AGM batteries ..Im confused..My electroblok battery management will charge at 14.3v max.. They say will charge AGM as well ..I also ( at home) have a 20 amp charger when set to AGM will initially charge ( max) at 14.4v.( 14.7 for wet cell) ....I bought 2 FULLRIVER 120 AMP HR AGM batteries..Looked up the techs and guess what ...INITIAL CHARGE IS 14.5 -14.7....WHAT? I contacted SHAUDT and was told about AGM batteries no 2 that needed 14.7v.. WHAT?.. and then to install a 6 amp charger with 14.7 v output ..HUH,,,So the question is ;
How do i FULLY charge... 2.... 120 amphr batteries in parellel....PLEASE HELP

I believe there are different types of AGM batteries ..Im confused..My electroblok battery management will charge at 14.3v max.. They say will charge AGM as well ..I also ( at home) have a 20 amp charger when set to AGM will initially charge ( max) at 14.4v.( 14.7 for wet cell) ....I bought 2 FULLRIVER 120 AMP HR AGM batteries..Looked up the techs and guess what ...INITIAL CHARGE IS 14.5 -14.7....WHAT? I contacted SHAUDT and was told about AGM batteries no 2 that needed 14.7v.. WHAT?.. and then to install a 6 amp charger with 14.7 v output ..HUH,,,So the question is ;
How do i FULLY charge... 2.... 120 amphr batteries in parellel....PLEASE HELP

You would be better off asking this type of question on a motorhome forum. This one is more focused on the base vehicle.

There are some knowledgeable people who could give good advice on https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/

The max voltage depends on temperature. Agm gets a bad name because of the appallingly ****e chargers with joke cabling installed in motor homes there's nothing wrong with the battery technology.

I would look at a ctek 250sa or redarc charger to protect your battery investment. My AGMs are over 12 years old now and still ticking I bulk charge with a 20A promariner on hookup (picked up for peanuts on ebay) and a 220w solar panel connected to a 10A Tracer Mppt charger takes care of the float

Thanks for the information fellas.Wish I had read some of the articles about AGM before..

Back