Technical Slight smoke when on temp

Currently reading:
Technical Slight smoke when on temp

Murkovics

Hy forum!

A bit more about my issue. I have owned my bravo 1.4 tjet sport for 3 years now and loving it. Ever since i had it is did have some slight white smoke emerging when the engine is on temp.
Now here is what i have done to the car so far.
Timing belt water pump redone and with that coolant.
Oilchange every year regardless of mileage and filter.
Just last weekend i cleaned the oil mist separator or whatever its called. It was full of smudge.

Now since the coolant chqnge no coolant loss at all. Coolant crystal clear. No smudge under cap and clean oilcap too.
Last month i noticed the oil did not register on the dipstick. So i refilled it... With 3 liters of oil... Not sure what was wrong there cant see any leaks no pools of oil under car. My last oil change was in a year on the dot. Since i refilled it oil level is fine. Car runs smooth no other problems at all consumption is fine. All i see is just a bit of smoke when its on temperature.

Any ideas what it could be?

Hi, what is milage on your Bravo? It is possible that turbocharger axle is worn out and it leaks oil into engine... However, did you really have to add 3 liters of oil? Even Tjet has 3l as whole oil filling... How often do you check oil level? Did oil pressure symbol light up?

Smoke is comming from engine bay or exhaust? Which part of engine is that smoke comming from? Front (turbo/exhaust) or rear (intake)?

This year i had a bike i was using for 7 months so in that time the car did not run much and i neglected checking the oil. Yes 3 liters and no warnings nothing. The car has 57k miles.

Smoke comes from exhaust not anywhere else. Its white quite moist if that makes sense it does fly upwards not downwards.

Smoke comes from exhaust not anywhere else. Its white quite moist if that makes sense it does fly upwards not downwards.

White smoke is generally unburnt diesel. What's your mpg like? Any issue with power delivery?

Well mine is petrol so thats a problem ?? it runs smooth and pretty powerful i think it might be the turbo leaking to the intake ill try to have a look when the weather is better.

Ok so i managed to have a little look and there is a lot of oil sitting in the intake so i guess turbo is going. Whats a not too expensive way of fixing it myselfe? What is the recommended parts to replace? Like get a core an and just do that or a refurbished turbo?

Back