General (Re post) would this adapter work with this wheel for my 1.2 fiat 500

Currently reading:
General (Re post) would this adapter work with this wheel for my 1.2 fiat 500

Thomas234

I want to get a deep dish wheel for my fiat 1.2 and was wondering what kind of hub I would need for it I've found an omp deep dish rim on eBay for about 40 I have found a universal hub but can't post the link to it could anyone give me links to a few hubs that EOD work, thanks.

I know I understand I would sacrifice the airbag with it and I'm fine with that to be honest

I know I understand I would sacrifice the airbag with it and I'm fine with that to be honest

It's not just about what you're fine with.

Your car won't pass an MOT without it.

From the MOT Testers manual:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 46
I'm not too worried I have a friendly mot tester and it's actually legal as there is no legislation on airbags although like you stated it could fail but I have a good mot tester all I want to know like I've asked is what kind of hub is needed I didn't ask if it would pass the mot or not not trying to sound rude but I just want to know what hub would work

I'm not too worried I have a friendly mot tester and it's actually legal as there is no legislation on airbags although like you stated it could fail but I have a good mot tester all I want to know like I've asked is what kind of hub is needed I didn't ask if it would pass the mot or not not trying to sound rude but I just want to know what hub would work
It's not legal it's clearly shown in the mot manual that a removed airbag is a straight fail
There's no grey area or anything

It's not legal it's clearly shown in the mot manual that a removed airbag is a straight fail
There's no grey area or anything

It might say it is but I know I won't fail my friends changed his wheel he has no airbag now and did before and he passed fine and again I was asking for which hub would work so just tell me which would work not if it fail or not

It might say it is but I know I won't fail my friends changed his wheel he has no airbag now and did before and he passed fine and again I was asking for which hub would work so just tell me which would work not if it fail or not

Well if it passed your friends not tester isn't doing there job correctly and risks being struck off if reported
The only way it can pass legally with the airbag removed is if it car is extensively modified for competition use e.g rally car with roll cage external power cut off type things

Last edited:

You’re a plonker.

I always declare mods currently all of them are declared but yeah I know what you mean I need to call up insurance to see

I think you're going to have a mission to find a hub that's made specifically for a Fiat 500, since there's nobody out there using a 500 in motorsport.

If there was a Fiat 500 rally series or something, then some firm would have made a hub, since quite a lot of people would want one.. but the 500 is only really used as a road car, so it's just a few individuals who want to change the wheel/remove their air-bag and are not bothered that it will fail its next MOT....

As above, it is an MOT violation to remove an air-bag. Cars don't *have* to have one, it's true.... but that means cars that didn't ever have one fitted. Any car after about 1995 is 99% likely to have an airbag fitted.

The other thing to think about, apart from having to bribe your MOT tester every year and what might happen if you have a disagreement with an articulated lorry, and the airbag warning light blinking at you since it can't detect the airbag any more.. is when you sell the beast in a year or two... who is going to buy it?

I'd look at sticking nicer (road) wheels on it, to get it looking saucy. Leave the airbag alone.

Ralf S.

Can’t help with the hub question, but it’s not unheard of to make a few ‘minor’ retrofits for the MOT regularly. In Germany we have that every 2 years only, so it’s manageable. Wheels, roo bars, steering wheels, lights etc are easy to change, some mods are of course a bit more difficult...

Back