Technical Seeking transmission info

Currently reading:
Technical Seeking transmission info

tminus3

Hi ,

I cleaned the outside of my transmission today and jotted down the transmission code: 110F100 4107991 2B

Can someone tell me if this is a synchro or non-synchro transmission?

A friend of mine thinks its synchro, but I find myself having to double-clutch to get it smoothly in gear. He drove the car once and his observation was that he didn't have to double clutch. my suspicions is that he knows these cars so well, he knows how to shift them smoothly at the right RPM.

Is this information available somewhere else? I searched in the forum, but only one comment that referred to this transmission as being non-synchro. Just wanted a bit more confirmation, before I started to make plans to change things around.

I found the information I needed on eBay.

Yes, it is a non-synchro transmission.

Thanks.

Your friend is 'sort-of' right in that even with the 500 (non-synchro) box you don't HAVE to double de-clutch on UP changes, just go through slowly and gently. However, on the down changes, I would suggest that you do double de-clutch, although it IS possible to change down without any use of the clutch (had to once to get home with a snapped clutch cable)--just get the gear/engine speeds correct. However, driving without the clutch release operating on a 126 is very difficult as the synchros in the gearbox try to hold the gears IN, which makes it difficult to take it out of gear.

Back