Technical Seatbelt velcro things

Currently reading:
Technical Seatbelt velcro things

Voko

Anyone know hope to detach the plastic bit that guides the seat belt on the top of the seat? It goes around the head restraint posts, do I have to take the head restraint of by dismantling it with the screws on the underside....

I just wanted to replace the velcro as it's not gripping any more, it would be a bit tricky to use a sewing machine in mid air!

Cheers

Mike

I notice that on most modern cars the seat belt guide is usually made of plastic, this seems to be a better option because the belt glides through it much easier. I've been thinking of making that change, just have to figure out a clean method of attachment . The stock loop is a mediocre solution .

That's an interesting thought.....times like this I wish had a 3D printer to play with..

Failing that there is probably something out there that would look neat....

Anyone know hope to detach the plastic bit that guides the seat belt on the top of the seat? It goes around the head restraint posts, do I have to take the head restraint of by dismantling it with the screws on the underside....

I just wanted to replace the velcro as it's not gripping any more, it would be a bit tricky to use a sewing machine in mid air!

Cheers

Mike
Can I see a picture of the guide as i'm good a making stuff from other stuff work
LUIGI

Here you go. Looking at it I think it would be quite simple to replace the strap with a bit of flexible black plastic that can 'latch' into the slot the current strap is attached to....next job after I've painted my garage floor! IMG_20190927_182419733.jpegIMG_20190927_182407436.jpeg

Well, I've 'engineered' a solution that looks much neater and works better than the velcro straps. I fashioned some flexible black plastic in to a shape approximately 100mm long by 23mm wide, gave it a little tongue so it can slot into the slot where the old velcro was looped round, and put a small nut and bolt at the other end. It then stays in place until you manually bend it out.

A spot of black paint on the bolt head and job done.

By the way, the headrest can be removed if you turn the posts 1/4 turn clockwise, I used mole grips, but protected the plastic with a cloth.[emoji16]IMG_20191020_191617307.jpegIMG_20191020_191628458.jpegIMG_20191020_193049430.jpeg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using FIAT Forum mobile app

Back