Technical Engine Starting Issuse

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Starting Issuse

Hi, I have a 2015 2.0 135 Doblo LWB Professional Combi.
After its MOT noticed the fan came on its short journey home and it didn't sound great switching off (judder as it switched off). In the morning it started sounding a little whiny. Driving back from work later it took a while to start and sound like the battery had no charge. Drove it down the dual carriageway to charge the battery,. Switched it off and started it three times in a row leaving to run a while in between. Each time the battery sounded worse and it wouldn't start on the third turn.

Left it thinking it was the alternator went to get a battery charger. Went to leave later to get the alternator but thought I would test it first to make sure and it started up. A bit slow but still started.

I am commencing on a 4000 mile round trip for a two week holiday his Saturday and really need the car to be reliably working

Had its MOT on Monday, second for its life and is on 61,000 miles. Been serviced every 10,000 miles was planning to do cambelt and waterpump next year. Not had any real problems in the 6 months with me. The only thing that annoys me is the engine sounded smooth now sounds tinny and dry

Last edited:
Hi, I have a 2015 2.0 135 Doblo LWB Professional Combi.
After its MOT noticed the fan came on its short journey home and it didn't sound great switching off (judder as it switched off). In the morning it started sounding a little whiny. Driving back from work later it took a while to start and sound like the battery had no charge. Drove it down the dual carriageway to charge the battery,. Switched it off and started it three times in a row leaving to run a while in between. Each time the battery sounded worse and it wouldn't start on the third turn.

Left it thinking it was the alternator went to get a battery charger. Went to leave later to get the alternator but thought I would test it first to make sure and it started up. A bit slow but still started.

I am commencing on a 4000 mile round trip for a two week holiday his Saturday and really need the car to be reliably working

Had its MOT on Monday, second for its life and is on 61,000 miles. Been serviced every 10,000 miles was planning to do cambelt and waterpump next year. Not had any real problems in the 6 months with me. The only thing that annoys me is the engine sounded smooth now sounds tinny and dry
Longest Post for the simplest fix. Tested the voltages. It's the battery.

Back