Technical Sport Mode

Currently reading:
Technical Sport Mode

Hi all

Just taken delivery of my new 595 70th Anniversary edition and I seem to be unable to keep it in Sport mode.

whenever I get back in the car and start up its back in standard mode. Bit confused as vids on youtube show 595's starting up in sport mode??

Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers guys

PS prefer sport mode for all the obvious reasons, but much prefer the weightier steering feel.

Last edited:
If had to guess why it doesn't stay in Sport probably emissions. Appreciate annoying. My Panda remembers I've left heated seats on. Previous Fiesta used to turn them off. Drove me mad (one of reasons went back to Fiat (again).

If had to guess why it doesn't stay in Sport probably emissions. Appreciate annoying. My Panda remembers I've left heated seats on. Previous Fiesta used to turn them off. Drove me mad (one of reasons went back to Fiat (again).

Thanks for that. Never gave it a thought that it might be emissions related. If that’s true I’ll just have to wear out the button as every drive will be in sport mode.

Don't forget the manual advises to not gun the motor until it has properly warmed up so perhaps it's a good thing.

Pretty sure my 2015 remembers but I can't be 100%.

Spike

Don't forget the manual advises to not gun the motor until it has properly warmed up so perhaps it's a good thing.

Pretty sure my 2015 remembers but I can't be 100%.

Spike

Cheers for that. Seems like it’s a software patch then (maybe) for emissions, especially if your earlier model stays on Sports, as the other guy whose replied.

For me it’s more of an aesthetic thing and feel of the car. Certainly not gunning it as brand new and always have mechanical sympathy so wait until nice and warm. Just prefer the TFT Configuration, steering feel and the sharper throttle in sport.

Looks like I’m stuck pressing that button before every drive.

Back