General Ejector seat?

Currently reading:
General Ejector seat?

Another "whassit?" questione;

While I was delving under the seats of the Younger Mrs S' "relatively new to her" Rasputin, over the weekend to fish out some chips and a dried out piece of battered sausage, I noticed that the passenger seat seemed to have a pop-up option.

The seat cushion can be lifted up a bit at the front. At first I thought it was loose/broken but the seat rises up on little arms about 3 or 4 inches. There's no catch or anything to hold it but once it's pivoted down, it stays firmly down, unless you lift it.

I dunno if this is usual for a 2013 spec' 1.2 Pop or whether the seat ought/used to have the under seat storage drawer or something. It looks like a normal seat under there though... just the usual under-seat adjuster and other gubbins.

No sign of any explosive bolts and no sausage or chips any more either... but what's going on with it?

Ralf S.

The front should lift up and pull forward a little then the rest of it should swing forward from the back

Ah.. I didn't try swinging it forward.

I thought it might be the "optional under-seat storage bin" which I've never actually seen in real life... but I imagined that as a drawer, which is why I had a peek under the seat.. but it sounds like the seat cushion is more like the lid to a shallow box/tray.

I'll lift up the seat and have a look under there to see if there is a tray under there. You never know.. with all the old chocolate bar wrappers and odd bits of fast food I'm finding, there might be a 5 year old cheeseburger or something waiting to be discovered.. :D

Ralf S.

Back