Seicento Newbie here..

Currently reading:
Seicento Newbie here..

Valentixo

Greetings to all from Portugal, just got a 2000 Fiat Seicento Sport Abarth in red colour :devil: , doing some repairs at the moment in the electrical part but nothin serious. Hope to find here all help I need with the more experienced users :worship:.
Kind regards to all! (y)

Attachments

• 4889762277-fiat-seicento-sport-abarth.jpg
    4889762277-fiat-seicento-sport-abarth.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 521
  • 4539913527-fiat-seicento-sport-abarth.jpg
    4539913527-fiat-seicento-sport-abarth.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 469
  • 4883518786-fiat-seicento-sport-abarth.jpg
    4883518786-fiat-seicento-sport-abarth.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 435
Nice one. Anything you need, just ask. I'll be glad to help if i can.

What tires do you have on? 175/50 R14 are not easy to find ( I think Sonar is the only one that still produce these )

Nice one. Anything you need, just ask. I'll be glad to help if i can.

Thanks!(y)

What tires do you have on? 175/50 R14 are not easy to find ( I think Sonar is the only one that still produce these )

Yes I have that size,I think they are Maxxis (?) not sure ,must check out. :confused:

Now Im aware that is dificult to find tyres in that size,also read that the Sonars are not a good or a safe tyre. So whats the better solution for that?
Change wheel and tyres size ? Or can I fit other tyre size on the 14 wheels ?

Last edited:
Thanks, as I already had a heating almost problem( I stoped in time) and because here is very hot in summer, I was wondering what can I do to upgrade the cooling system?
Already ordered a water temperature gauge.

I don't think you can do much. I've installed an water temp sensor and cleaned the radiator. On mine temperature it's around 110. When I stop I always stop the engine. I've talked to a guy that made a hole somewhere and fixed the temperature problem but I didn't asked where ?.

Tires are a big problem, if you have abs the only 2 measures you can mount are 165 55 13 and 175 50 14. On the 13" I use the nankang toursport and they perform well but on 14" you find only ****tie sonar and trust me, it's better not to have them and run on rims directly. I would suggest to mount a different measure and stay away from the cops ?

Tires are a big problem, if you have abs the only 2 measures you can mount are 165 55 13 and 175 50 14. On the 13" I use the nankang toursport and they perform well but on 14" you find only ****tie sonar and trust me, it's better not to have them and run on rims directly. I would suggest to mount a different measure and stay away from the cops ?[/QUOTE]

Just found out that my tires are 165/55/14 :confused: , is that bad?

From experience I'd highly recommend fitting a new radiator - and the temp gauge of course.

The cooling system should be fine if its running efficiently. The radiators lose efficiency when they get blocked with silt and possibly corrosion.

You shouldnt need to stop the engine when you stop the car - This will make the temperature climb for a few minutes as the coolant is no longer circulated by the water pump.

You could even paint the new radiator black too to further increase its performance slightly :cool: ala MCM ;)

I've heard mentioned cutting holes in the wheel arch liner but personally I dont think this is necessary. The Seicento already has louvred grill in the UK drivers side but I doubt it does much.

I bought a radiator recently for £18 delivered to my door - from ebay! hopefully it'll be good ;)

Update ,sold the red Seicento and bought a yellow 2002 model,doing a complete paintjob at the moment, after gonna take care the mechanic,starting on the engine ,wanted to improve it.
What induction kit you recomend ? Was thinkin on a K&N 57i...

Attachments

• seicento9.jpg
    seicento9.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 402
  • seicento10.jpg
    seicento10.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 17
  • seicento6.jpg
    seicento6.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 39
  • seicento 3.jpg
    seicento 3.jpg