General New here, first Fiat, advice & concerns?

Currently reading:
General New here, first Fiat, advice & concerns?

Fiat500PopIowa

Just bought my first Fiat 500 the POP model 2013 (used, naturally).
First off, is there an add-on arm-rest console for these cars? And is there a way for the instrument panel to display the speed in the LCD display? Thx ;)

Noticed those reflectors on all US 500's; on the front wheelarch and also on the back. My car bra, which came from the US, has the cutouts. They appear to have a 5W globe in the top of each too. Might be a requirement of local design laws but I've never seen 'em on any other car.
BL_SM_FIAT_500_11_F_PLUS_R_SMK_SMALL.jpg

(they're normally orange of course).

Rumour suggest FIAT has pulled the 500 in the US;
https://www.motor1.com/news/368265/fiat-500-discontinued-in-us/

Last edited:

First off, is there an add-on arm-rest console for these cars? And is there a way for the instrument panel to display the speed in the LCD display? Thx ;)

To add the armrest you need to get a new driver or passenger seat. In order to display the speed press the menu button and use the arrows until you see “units” and then click the menu button and set to mph and then exit menu.

Armrests are removable.
Push the seat cushion in and u will see a"c" clip. Pull it out and armrests will come off leaving only a small rod. My seat covers hid it completely.

My Canadian Fiat 500 Sport has yellow on front wheel arch and red on rear wheel arch.
They are there because parking lights aren't visible from the side.

Here are some things to look out for if the car is leaking oil and or has a burning smell inside the cabin it’s more than likely your PCV valve O-ring is out and the vacuum pump is leakingAlso if it’s an automatic and you drive normal your fuel economy for me at least it’s about 11 to 20 miles per gallon to fix this just to use the auto stick shift at low revs

Back