Help with Blue and Me please

Currently reading:
Help with Blue and Me please

lowlands

Ive got my lovely 500 lounge 2013 home :) Ive managed to pair the blue and me to my Xperia L1 and eventually got the phonebook contacts transferred. I was really pleased Id managed that but a couple of problems :(

Making calls using the voice control is pitiful - I ask for son and get Sam and so on - so I used the toggles instead - to manually choose son. Rang and spoke, well pleased and then asked him to ring me back so I could practice answering in the car but everytime he tried to ring me he got an engaged signal.:bang:

Can anyone help please? Many thanks

Making calls using the voice control is pitiful - I ask for son and get Sam and so on - so I used the toggles instead - to manually choose son.

This is a common problem with car voice control systems especially older ones, things have come on leaps and bounds in the last 3 - 4 years but older cars are pretty poor and there is not alot you can do about it.

My recomendation is to change the entry in your phone to your Son's actual Name and then its more likely not to get confused.

For example, I have my Wifes name in my phone and to use voice control to call her I use her first and surname for the phone to easily and correctly identify who I want it to call.

Rang and spoke, well pleased and then asked him to ring me back so I could practice answering in the car but everytime he tried to ring me he got an engaged signal.:bang:

This will likely be the phone network, often I can dial out and make a call, infact if I have a poor signal I will usually make a prank call to home to force the network to up the connection. I live in a house that has no signal in the house, I can get a signal if I go outside, but it doesn't immediately connect to the network and will still read no signal for a long time, unless I make a phone call to home and its almost like I have forced the phone to find its self a connection, where as before it was just waiting for the network to connect to the phone.

If you're in a poor signal area, or moving in a car switching between mobile phone cell sites, then its not at all uncommon that you can make a call out but then if someone tries to ring you they get a not available message, engaged tone or forwarded to voice male.

Ive got my lovely 500 lounge 2013 home :) Ive managed to pair the blue and me to my Xperia L1 and eventually got the phonebook contacts transferred. I was really pleased Id managed that but a couple of problems :(

Making calls using the voice control is pitiful - I ask for son and get Sam and so on - so I used the toggles instead - to manually choose son. Rang and spoke, well pleased and then asked him to ring me back so I could practice answering in the car but everytime he tried to ring me he got an engaged signal.:bang:

Can anyone help please? Many thanks

Try checking the Blue&Me website to see if you have any update to do.

Link is in my signature.

How very kind of you I shall sit out in the boiling sun later to try to do that x

I see you are a fellow Norfolk resident :)

Back