Technical Double Din Head Unit

Currently reading:
Technical Double Din Head Unit

Chrisgr

I have ordered a JVC head unit along with the facia and fitting kit. Probably i will have it fitted a week on Monday or so. Anyone else who upgraded their radio on a 500x?

Before ordering the JVC i asked the local dealer if i could fit the new 2018 unit to my 2015 500x but they didn't seem to know..so they said no.

Fiat costumer service was not much of a help as they referred me to the dealer.

Fiat CS are a joke, the closest I have got to an answer to that question was "it isn't listed as an accessory"

If you go with the JVC unit will it retain access to the car's Settings menus and Hands Free?

Fiat CS are a joke, the closest I have got to an answer to that question was "it isn't listed as an accessory"

If you go with the JVC unit will it retain access to the car's Settings menus and Hands Free?
Yes it does come with the adaptor connecting the steering wheel.

Update on the radio, i had to cancel the order as they run out of stock, although when i placed the order the radio was in stock.
Anyway, last week i called and they told me that the kit and the radio is back in stock but now the main harness is out of stock. It has to be the correct harness so all the functions from the steering wheel are available.
So today i asked them to refund me that's the end of it.

They were good with communication, answered emails and calls and probably if someone place an order now will have the items delivered within the week. So to be fair i don't blame them, but i am fed up to wait more, it is the third week now.
Bit of disappointment this one.

I bought my double din android head unit with everything inc satnav from china four years ago for £47 delivered
The adapter kit was about £30
Canbus harness was around £15
I have had no issues and rear back up camera is a god send
SD card is 128 gig with usb input on the front and RCA inputs on the back
LUIGI

I bought my double din android head unit with everything inc satnav from china four years ago for £47 delivered
The adapter kit was about £30
Canbus harness was around £15
I have had no issues and rear back up camera is a god send
SD card is 128 gig with usb input on the front and RCA inputs on the back
LUIGI
I found some units on the "wish" website but i am not sure about them.

At the end of the say everything is made in china...Fact
Weather it be bose, JVC,Pioneer….Whatever, they are all pretty much the same, use basically the same platform and software
Mine is unbranded and I love it
It uses TOM TOM for satnav with free updates, but can run others the maps ect are on a removable SD card
LUIGI

At the end of the say everything is made in china...Fact
Weather it be bose, JVC,Pioneer….Whatever, they are all pretty much the same, use basically the same platform and software
Mine is unbranded and I love it
It uses TOM TOM for satnav with free updates, but can run others the maps ect are on a removable SD card
LUIGI

Could you please share more details about your replacement unit? Maybe a store link? Also, what was your original unit? Uconnect 6.5 by any chance?

This thread is very interesting because if for no other reason we are talking about future Obsolescence and non availability of parts when our vehicles come to cross that EU 10 year support line. Even before 10 years is reached the price and availability could be well out of affordability. e.g. £1500 for a replacement uConnect for a verhicle only worth £1500.

With the 500X and certainly a uConnect delivered model the issues around replacing the unit WITHOUT the loss *ALL* associated vehicle set-up/control menus and settings is a real concern.

I'm not sure thus far anybody has been able to detail what vehicle functions transfer from the vehicle's traditional/current menu system over to only accessible via uConnect.

I think we can help narrow down "what is where" on our vehicle main menu / uConnect Menu systems but at the moment those who are "standard" are happy and not conflicted and those who may have migrated not be aware of functions they may have potentially lost.

some people are happy with just a MW/LW radio
To be honest i just want to drive the car
And £1500 will buy a top end car hifi system which will work without the ties fiat have put in place and still have enough money left over for a holiday!
luigi

some people are happy with just a MW/LW radio
To be honest i just want to drive the car
And £1500 will buy a top end car hifi system which will work without the ties fiat have put in place and still have enough money left over for a holiday!
luigi
You don't have to spend £1500. My order for the JVC radio the kit and the harness was £420.

Back