front shock absorber upper strut mount - fast way to lubricate it

Currently reading:
front shock absorber upper strut mount - fast way to lubricate it

Hi guys, I need your help!!
After investigating a "sdong sdong" sound that shows up when I turn the steering wheel, I've discovered that I have a rough shock absorber top mount, almost stuck, and so the spring take some twist and then re-seat in its position.

There is some fast way to lubricate the top mount without dismount the shock absorber?

It's a doblo 263, and I suspect that the problem is due to the fact that the top mount is directy under the windscreen wipers, so it's exposed to the weather.

I obviously change them, but if I can find a temporary solution it would be better.

Having just changed the top mounts on our Panda (did struts, springs and top mounts) I can't see an easy way to do this. I'd say there's no way in from the top (under the bonnet) unless you start drilling holes through the mounting? and the bottom (under the wing) is quite well sealed against road dirt and water and completely obscured by the top spring plate. Think you're on a looser here - probably better not to waste your time and just install new mounts?

I did play with the idea of drilling the top mounting so that a grease nipple could be installed but there is so much rubber molded round it I gave up in the end.

When you come to do yours it might be a good idea to have new pinch bolts for the bottom strut mounts. It was either DaveMcT or Portland Bill (I think) who advised me on this when I was preparing to work on those struts. Our Panda is a 2010 model and the fixings were well seized. One on each side - the top ones - snapped clean off, even though well soaked in release oil. The other two were seriously corroded and required considerable "persuasion" to coax them out.

Hi
These have the same issue as the Fiorino,as the top mount get water on it as it exposed to the elements
There is no way to deal with this apart from a new one
They are quite cheap to buy
There is an upgraded version that is completely sealed in rubber on the top of the bearing to stop this happening again.
The make i got was febi builstien and have had no issues with the top mounts
Euro car parts was the best place for me at the time and was the cheapest
Its a fairly easy job to do but you will need spring compressors to do it
I did both sides as the same time as the other one you have will do the same.
LUIGI

many thanks, both of you(y)

I have spring compressors........is just the idea of dismounting the whole shock absorber just to change the top mount:bang::bang::bang:
good idea the grease nipple, when I will change I'll try that on the old one to see if it works.
I don't think I will have a problem with the pinch bolt: I'm not sure why but I have already seen that the same car in UK become completely rusty underneath, here remains almost brand new...

Back