Technical Speedo cable part number

Currently reading:
Technical Speedo cable part number

TL69

I'm looking for the part number for a Speedo cable for 1989, right hand drive, Mk1, FIAT UNO TURBO IE. Is there anyone who will know this, please?

I'm looking for the part number for a Speedo cable for 1989, right hand drive, Mk1, FIAT UNO TURBO IE. Is there anyone who will know this, please?

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

According to the Fiat parts catalogue, the part number for the right hand drive (GD) version is 46421043 or 7736869 if the car has "Headlamp Alignment Corrector" (Option E048).

Attachments

• Uno T Speedo Cable.JPG
    Uno T Speedo Cable.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 115
Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. Where is the best place to look for the part?

You are totally amazing, thank you. I don't know how you managed to find that , perhaps you're some kind of www. wizard. I don't know, I don't care you are brilliant. Thank you so much I'll go and take a proper look. :D

Alas the part was for a MK2, whereas I'm looking for a MK1 :cry:

Thanks anyhow.

Your best bet is to try and find a Fiat dealer, who still has the old microfiche and slides. If they can look it up for you, you might get lucky and find a dealer with stock. Or even Fiat themselves, may still keep stock in Italy.

But you need to find a UK dealer who's been around for at least 30 odd years, an assume they haven't binned the old microfiche and slides!!

As unfortunately any Fiat's pre-1990, Strada, Regata, Mk1 Uno etc.. are not on the ePer system.

I doubt there is a part number on the cable, but might be worth a look?

At least that way if you got the original part number, you'll be sure it's right. Even if it's changed part number, which can happen sometimes. The dealer should still be able to check with the number you got, as it should tell them what the superseded part number is.

Failing that, there are companies who will repair or reproduce cables if you have an original as a pattern :)

Sorry it's not exactly a straight up result on a cable, but hopefully you'll get one soon enough.

I have had similar hassle with cables for my Uno 45, so feel your pain!!

I'm still looking for a Speedo cable and have more information about the car than I first had...

OEM 7635495 speedometer part number need 150cm long cable to fit right hand drive
MK1 Fiat Uno Turbo 1.3 i.e.1989 , 105 hp (FROM YEAR 04/1985)

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one from, I scour the internet every now and again but still struggling to find the right cable.

Many thanks in advance

If you're on Facebook, try posting on "Classic Fiat Ireland" Quite an active site, there are a few members who have Fiat spares of that era.

Back