General FIAT Panda Trussardi (2019)

Currently reading:
General FIAT Panda Trussardi (2019)

62020876_2452124208187399_1392130313747955712_n.jpg

According to rumors from Italy, the Panda Trussardi would be the introduction of the facelifted Panda, with new 1.0ltr GSE-Firefly 70 hp engine, and new big screen Uconnect multimedia unit.

Source : https://www.passioneautoitaliane.com/2019/06/nuova-fiat-panda-trussardi.html

But according to oder sources it will be nothing more then a luxury farewell version of the present pre-facelift model, with the old 1242cc FIRE engine with 69 hp.

Example here: https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/fiat/panda/12-trussardi-5dr/spec

Introduction of the Trussardi could take place at the IAA Frankfurt, next month.

I'd be very surprised it it was anything other then another special edition
Fist seems to love them how many special edition 500s have they made

This. If Fiat were to launch a heavily revised, Firefly-engined Panda on the back of a minor Italian fashion house that 99.9% of the world has never heard of, they really would have lost the plot - and while I have a very low opinion of the current Fiat management, I can't believe they'd be that crass. This is just an attempt to make a car that is, in product-life terms, a dead cat, bounce.

Last edited:
Pubblicato da Passione Auto Italiane martedì, agosto 27, 2019.
NUOVA FIAT PANDA TRUSSARDI

fiatpandatrussardipassioneautoitalianecom00001.JPG

Vi avevo detto che sarebbe arrivata la Nuova Fiat Panda Trussardi, serie speciale nata dalla collaborazione tra Fiat e Trussardi.
Ecco una piccola anticpazione. Stay Tuned!

68774270_10156758959664302_4303479946950475776_n.jpg

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Vienna!

Tired 80s pop-video chic. I suppose it does have an engine whose origins are from the period. I can hear the Fairlight swirling a few chords in the background right now.

Is it matt purple or is that just the faux mist?

Car's a bit meh, but she's nice! :D

Sorry, but it'll take more than a matt paintjob to make a Panda look sexy or chic.

Last edited:
you can see the matt brown Panda Cross in all its Glory in this terrible music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=wBmWvvTV0P4

Now given that I keep a fairly close eye on fassion (not that you'd tell from some of my youtube videos) I can honestly say I had never heard of Trussardi, that said I don't think they have made it to the uk, but also I have done my fair share of shopping on the continent. They also seem to price their items (looking at their website) along the same lines as an italian Ralph Lauren, some of their bags are in line with what my wife pays for a radley bag, (and again Ralph Lauren) so I don't think they are as hugely famous and exclusive as they would want everyone to believe, going back to youtube it seems I have 3 times as many subscribers as they do. (then again I have more subscribers than Fiat UK)

So anyway I'm rambling, the brown panda seems some nod to the trussardi history of making leather gloves and it seems they are a bit of a budget Gucci which seems well suited to the panda as they already made a Fiat 500 Gucci.

On an actual serious note is anyone actually excited about a car branded with a company no one has heard of and painted in matt brown advertised on a terrible music video??

I also think it unlikely that Fiat would re-tool the panda production line to fit a whole new engine to a car thats at the end of it's production run with a plan to replace it in the next year or two.

Last edited:
So, we can expect it to have a beautiful hand-stitched, buttery-soft leather interior?

No, I thought not.

Its interesting that all the recent 'special editions' of the Panda use the Cross body kit. I wonder if that means Fiat have over-stocked and need to clear the parts store? Not only this, but the Waze, the City Cross... models that try to look offroady, but aren't.

I still maintain the 'regular' 4x4 looks better, and it is equally capable offroad as the 'real' Cross is (exact same offroad tech, apart from the hill descent control that I doubt anyone every actually needs to use :)

My stepdaughter bought a secondhand, quite nice Panda, very cheaply because no one else wanted a s--t brown car. No problem for Sue as she has never been known to clean any car, ever

Back