Technical Doblo HEADLIGHT problem

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo HEADLIGHT problem

jukedock

Just got home from being flashed at all the way home from work.

My Fiat doblo cargo seems to have a problem with the front headlight.

The lamps are fine.

The MAIN BEAM works fine
The REAR lights work
The very small lamp in the headlight works.

Side lights and headlights are both not working.

Are both of these off the same relay ?

Any help will be great.

If you can help me then if you could post a message on the group

Many thanks !

Phil Docker
Birmingham UK
Fiat Doblo Cargo 1.9D

Last edited:
Thanks Dave

Have taken my email address off my posts - can see your point there.

I have just gone back and checked a couple more 'daft' things.

Fuses 38 and 39 are okay.

On the first click of the rotary switch I get the small lights on (tiny lamps)

On the first to second click of the rotary (light) switch I head a relay click.

There is not a relay click from the off position to the first.

btw - Love the rabbits - got 3 house rabbits myself.

Last edited:
I has the same problem with my Doblo JTD the other day, my headlamps went off at six in the morning in the middle of a storm on a back lane with my baby boy in the car with me.

I drove on with my lights on full beam then spent half an hour swapping bits and bobs then found out that all my bulbs had blown at the same time but the fuse & relay where ok. I now carry a set of spare bulbs in the car with me. Its worth swapping a bulb to see waht happens.

Well guess what... after stripping down the switch I found that I tested the wrong lamp holder for voltage. Was testing the full beam. For some silly reason on mine BOTH headlights lamped also blew together. I feel a prat now, but at least I dont have to replace the stem (and there was a loose connector on it - perhaps that was something to do with it).
Phil

Phil

Yep strange but true both lamps can go at the same time, still a spare set of £8 bulbs from the motor factors in the glove box means you do not worry to much.

Perhaps power surge !?! All I know is that I will check the lamps FIRST this time, instead of trying to measure 12 V on the wrong lamp holder! A lot of probs can be a simple fault. I should know better being a qualified electrician
Phil

Back