General 1970 Fiat 124 Spider in Need of New Home - Questions

Currently reading:
General 1970 Fiat 124 Spider in Need of New Home - Questions

Square Grouper

Hello all. Looking for advice. Long of the short is that my wife has decided to sell her two owner 1970 124 Spider. Tough decision for her but with two boys and us each in the height of our careers, she finds herself not paying attention to the car and feels it would be better suited in a home where it would see more use and care. It’s always been garage kept, original engine with 92K miles, and is mechanically sound and well maintained. It’s been in her family between her and her Dad since 1984 and it's not perfect (normal wear and tear) but it’s rust free, no major body damage and as I said mechanically sound.It kills her to see it just sit in the garage. It was repainted in the mid 80’s and had a new top installed in the mid 90s. Fuel tank was restored about 3-4 years ago when it started to go. Anything that has ever come up has been repaired and dealt with. As you can see it's got some cracking on the dash and regular wear, but it's a solid car. So where do I begin? I have no clue how to value this car. Local collectors have told me up to 15K which to me seems high. I'm thinking 8k-12K given comps I've seen. I know also it will take the right buyer and i'm in no hurry to sell.
Looking for input/advice. Want to be fair but don’t want to be taken advantage of. Thanks in advance and I appreciate any advice. Also for geographical reference I am in Vero Bach. FL 32962

Attachments

• IMG-4637.JPG
    IMG-4637.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG-4641.JPG
    IMG-4641.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG-4638.JPG
    IMG-4638.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG-4639.JPG
    IMG-4639.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG-4642.JPG
    IMG-4642.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG-4643.JPG
    IMG-4643.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG-4644.JPG
    IMG-4644.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 89
I have a 72 that I'm putting back together and not sure where a couple items go. Would you be willing to help me with some photos or information privately? Thanks in advance, Rick

Nada shows the value of my 1980 124 as 16K. That sounds a little crazy to me. The only reason I even care is because I have to get a title bond, and they want the value, and bond it for twice as much. I don't see any 124's being sold within 500 miles of me that are anywhere near that amount. Except the "concourse restoration" deals. Most of em are in the $5 - 10K range, which encompasses daily drivers to garage babies to basket cases. I'd say put it up for $12K and see what happens.

Back