Technical Injector system malfunction light

Currently reading:
Technical Injector system malfunction light

I am still working on welding up the holes in my M reg Panda Colour.
This is taking longer than I ever imagined - partly because my son keeps turning up with more important matters to be attanded to, or simply blocking my workspace with his small fleet of interesting but elderly Nissans!
So that means that my Panda only gets to have her engine run every 2 or 3 months.
Last weekend I started her up - no problem as usual, but as I applied a bit of throttle to clear the cobwebs out, the Injector system warning light came on and the engine dyed, like it had run out of petrol. It should have been ok for petrol, but I put some in anyway and tried to start her up, but no joy.
I can't smell any petrol round the throttle body.
Before I start taking things apart does anybody have any suggestions?
I was wondering if the injector could have become blocked for example?
Thanks for reading.

Hi, I also have an M reg colour :). Is the fuel pump priming when you turn the key to the first stage? Probably broken if not. Easy one to rule out.

I think the injector warning light comes on for a multitude of faults. I disconnected the air temp sensor and that made the light come on. So could be another sensor fault not the injector.

I have just been having a starting issue and it turned out to be the earth point just below the heater/blower unit. Loosend the bolt then tightened and jiggled the one spade connector and it fired in to life.

Might be none of the above but somewhere to start. Good luck.

I did some welding work on a motorbike having (of course) disconnected the battery. A few weeks later the alternator cooked the battery to death - V reg failure. I'm pretty sure welding spikes killed the electronics. At least the ignition module was ok, but I now always unplug everything electronic as well as disconnecting battery before welding.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but it's possible you have a similar problem on the injection ECU caused by welding voltage spikes.

Thanks Dave. Because the car spends long periods of time not moving at all the battery is generally disconnected anyway. I only re-connect it to start it up to move it for welding.
But I always disconnect the battery again before I start welding.
I have a feeling it is fuel -related somehow.

Back