Technical Central lock remote upgrade

Currently reading:
Technical Central lock remote upgrade

dany27

Hi!

Can anyone help me how to find cetnral lock closing signal in a Fiat Fiorino 2009? It has central locking system and a button to open/close the cargo area under the hazard switch. It has only the basic key, the remote one was lost. Due to the high price of the new remote, I decided to install a third party remote kit. I remove the drivers door panel to find the wires for open and closing signal. I checked the cables goes to the locking mechanism. It has 3 thin and 2 thick wires. I checked the three thin one, and both of them are always ground.
Can anyone help how to find the right wires to lock and unlock signals?

Also like to open close the cargo area from the remote. Am I right to connect ground to the purple/orange wire from the cables goes to cargo lock/unlock switch in the central dashboard?

Thank you.

Its going to be better and more user friendly to go for the standard remote key
You can get these on ebay and has a blank key ready to be cut it will just need programming to your ecu
LUIGI

My first plan was to replace it from eBay. But as far as I know it need to be pre coded with body's secret before it programmed via OBD. And as I know there are only a few machine what can pre code the key with the body's secret.

I have the code card for the key, but I have anybody who can precode the key and learn the key with ODB.

I think If I buy a second hand key it's also need to be coded with my Fiat body's secrect. So it's not enough for me to have an OBD device to learn the key. And as far as I know don't have any other way. For example: clone the transponder chip from the basic key and learn the remote with a "magic trick" (like in Honda or Mazda cars).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

my fiorino van only came with basic key
I bought my remote key off ebay
I went to a fiat main dealer with key code and 20mins later it was done
Then I went to my local key cutter and got the blank key cut
LUIGI

my fiorino van only came with basic key
I bought my remote key off ebay
I went to a fiat main dealer with key code and 20mins later it was done
Then I went to my local key cutter and got the blank key cut
LUIGI

It should be the normal way. But in Hungary the dealers don't work with 3rd party keys, only what they sell. A locksmith who specialized in car keys, can replace the key for 150€. The aftermarket central lock costs 20€. A basic key costs 50€, so it's nearly half costs. This is the reason why I decided to install a remote kit. And moreover our van costs no more than 2000€.

I can read from wiring diagrams, if I have the right one...

I spent a few hour to find a right wires to install the remote kit.
There are 5 wires going to/from the driver's door actuator.
They are:
-Black: ground
-Purple: constant 12v
-Purple/white: Grounded when a door is open, 12V when the door is closed
-Black/White: Normaly ground, 12V when closing the central
-Orange/Green: Normaly ground, 12V when opening the central lock

When any of the doors are open the central lock is not operating. As I thought the door lock is connect the puple/white to black/white when closing the central or connect to the orange/green when opening the central.
So my first plan is connect the purple/white wire to the black/white, but nothing happend.
After it I closed the central manually and connect the purple/white to the green/orange the central was opened. I tried to open the central with black/white, and it was work too.

So the question is, how the key pawl sends open signal to the body computer?

If I finish this project, and everything is work I'll write a complete documentation of the full process. Because it's not difficoult If you know the right wires. :)

Back