General sHAYM4N's HGT 05

Currently reading:
General sHAYM4N's HGT 05

sHAYM4N

So after getting the alternator sorted this week & no other issues looks like my little Punto lives to see another day :)

4cjzhrV.jpg

Fearing the worst as I always do had started looking on Autotrader but didn't see anything in my price bracket I'd want to replace her with anyway.

With numbers dwindling I want her to be one of the last on the road, so thought I'd give her a thread to post the joys & woes of her final days.

1bGA4b1.jpg

She has 48k on the clock with 10 service stamps (probably due another)
All stock apart from a couple of abarth badges the previous owner. Even managed to get a replacement CD changer the faulty one she arrived with. Will drop some interior photos another day, she's still pretty damn clean inside :)

Planned work
New brakes - corrosion advisory on it's last MOT, may try to attempt these myself.

ECU - still having the issue with revs occasionally bungee jumping when dropping to second, throttle body has been checked and clean so may have to take it into Fiat to have it's ECU checked.

Exhaust - another advisory, probably take it in for this.

Timing belt & Variator - No details on whether this has been done, so need to get it checked really, does give a bit of the diesel sound, so hopefully get it done in the next couple of months.

Not so clean under the bonnet though so going to start a bit of work here tomorrow, just ordered a load of dremel brushes to try and buff the casing up and any rust spots. Any detailing tips greatly appreciated!

8h0R52f.jpg

Was planning on using this as a bit of a guide, any danger areas I should avoid apart from the obvious?

Last edited:
Back