Technical Stilo 2.4 Selespeed - concentric slave cylinder

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 2.4 Selespeed - concentric slave cylinder

ogorr

Hi guys!

I have problem with my stilo - concentric slave cylinder, which was replaced to new 1,5 years and 20k km ago, started to leak, which caused problem with throwing any gear. The mechanic said it has to be replaced - and there is where the problem starts. I cannot find it ANYWHERE to buy - no shops, no fiat dealers have it :/ In fiat they told me that it is no longer produced and there is not any official dealer that have it in stock, globally. Tried to regenerate it, but after 300 km problem occurred again.

Have anyone maybe know where can I find it? Or maybe there is another problem which makes concentric slave cylinder leak?

Thanks for your help!

This is bad :(, I did not buy a spare one when I had the opportunity ...

Keep us updated ..

I have a manual 2.4 so do know much about the selespeed, but I was wondering Is it possible to replace o rings etc , just wondering. It’s possible to measure them and just buy them .

I have a manual 2.4 so do know much about the selespeed, but I was wondering Is it possible to replace o rings etc , just wondering. It’s possible to measure them and just buy them .

Of course, it is possible, that's how they regenerated it. But the cylinder did not last very long. Not sure if it can be done better - I have a warranty for the service, they said they will check what was wrong and send me "updated" cylinder. But... I do not know if I can trust it, if last regeneration was good for 300 km.

This is what I put in the eBay search on my phone just now

"fiat stilo 2.4 slave"

Are you sure they are for selespeed? I have been looking on every ebay-like site I know, I found only ones for manual transmission.

2 months ago I was in store (Croatia) that sell spare parts and when I ask them for a price for flywheel, clutch and slave cylinder they told me that it is available. All of them are manufactured by Valeo. I have spare abarth engine with selespeed gearbox and when I remove gearbox from engine all that parts have Fiat and Valeo logo.

ebay respond with this: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=46762373&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks a lot! I saw it on ebay, but as it says 'manual transmission' I assumed it is for GT version. I sent VIN numer to the seller to make sure they have what I need, will keep you updated :)

I hope they can turn one up.

A lot of sellers on eBay just list the entire catalogue (Valeo in this case).. and only discover that the part is no longer available when you order it.

If you get truly desperate, go to your local Fiat dealer and get their parts man to search the parts network. My local geezer (Bishops Guildford.. but that shouldn't make any difference) has managed to turn up various "the last one in the network" parts for my old Alfa 155. There might be an new old stock part sitting in a warehouse or on a shelf in some remote dealer in Scotland (like my fuel pump) etc. that has your name on it.

Ralf S.

That's what I am afraid of - it may be listed as "in stock", but in fact they won't have it available. I am still waiting for replies, but one seller seems to work that way.

Thanks for your suggestion, but as I spoke with local dealer that have international system which shows them what all official dealers have in their warehouses. So as they said - there is no official fiat dealer that have this part :/

I have contacted with all the sellers and it looks pretty weird. One of them asked about part numbers and than wrote that it is unavailable... But they still have it on ebay with exactly the same numbers :D Three others wrote they cannot check the availability at their suppliers side unless I buy it and when I do it, they check if they can deliver to me which sounded like weeks...

I bought used one, which supposed to be in a good condition, but when it arrived I checked the numers on it - it is from 2001 :/ Hope it would last a bit. Tomorrow I will have my stilo back, so... updates are on the way :D

Back