Technical Cant connect to bluetooth on my Doblo van

Currently reading:
Technical Cant connect to bluetooth on my Doblo van

les1466

Hi can anyone help as I'm pulling my hair out trying to connect my bluetooth.
Ive just bough a 2016 Fiat Doblo Maxi combo van. It has the cool curved radio in. See below
attachment.php

I presume this is a bluetooth radio as this is 2019 and the vehicle is 3 years old. However, when I press the media button all I get is the message "No source available".
Can anyone tell me what this means as I can't find anything on this??? I cant find anything on the radio that says bluetooth, pairing or anything. How can I find this out if the vehicle has it, surely it should have it??

Thanks
Les

Attachments

• IMG_1143.jpeg
    IMG_1143.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11,039
The radio does not have anything to do with Bluetooth in fiats (weirdly) you have to link your phone by using the blue and me button (looks like a Microsoft windows logo) on the steering wheel.

You should find a voice starts talking at you and you use voice commands to set up the Bluetooth connection.

It’s however unlikely that the radio will allow Bluetooth audio/music playback and there should be a usb socket somewhere you’d need to plug into if you want to play music.

Hi Andy, no my vehichle doesnt have any controls on the steering wheel. My GF has a fiat 500, so I know what you mea, but tis doesnt have any.
Does this mean the radio is not bluetooth??

Whats weird is it has the little microphone things at the side near the doors for speaking on the phone???

I would see what manuals you have but on the punto which uses the same radio, the radio does not have Bluetooth and the Bluetooth is managed separately by the blue and me module.

Hmmm, this is very confusing. It states in the manual about bluetooth but does say "where applicable".

Can I buy a blue and me module as I really like the way the radio looks and dont want to replace it with something that doesnt look as good, as I simply need bluetooth for my phone when im driving?

I love Fiats but they do some really weird stuff that doesnt make any sense!!

Les

You might have to invest in something like a Parrot hands free kit, I noticed many doblo vans had these fitted when I was looking to see where the usb socket was on the doblo van, didn’t find one with the usb connection but found plenty with aftermarket hands free kits.

I think I would require major retiring to try and retro fit the full blue and me set up

Hmmm, this is very confusing. It states in the manual about bluetooth but does say "where applicable".

Can I buy a blue and me module as I really like the way the radio looks and dont want to replace it with something that doesnt look as good, as I simply need bluetooth for my phone when im driving?

I love Fiats but they do some really weird stuff that doesnt make any sense!!

Les

It was probably an option.. not often taken with a van

Simplest test is connect to usb port and scan for devices.

Lauberhorn is the device label you are looking for.

Optional things are so hit and miss..

Been looking for CRUISE connectivity myself.. unsuccessfully for last 3 FIATs

Back