Technical Faulty locking mechanism - Passenger door

Currently reading:
Technical Faulty locking mechanism - Passenger door

benstick

Hello everyone. My passenger door’s central locking mechanism stopped working a few days ago. I can lock/unlock the door from the inside (pushing/pulling the passenger handle in/out), but locking via the remote or the driver side’s physical lock doesn’t do anything.

The rest of the door mechanisms (driver and trunk) are working fine, so my guess is that the issue is with the passenger door’s locking mechanism. Before I go and take the door apart for fun, can anyone share whether my diagnosis is correct, and whether the mechanism is actually in the door or not? (Could it be a wire leading to the door, for example?)

Also, if anyone has links to replacement parts for this, that would be super great!

You can get the parts on eBay.

I believe the rod has come off at the top, quite a common thing. Take the door card off, cut and peel back the lining and get a torch in there. If it’s come off chances are it will keep coming off so you either need to replace the little nylon clip that holds it in or as I do with these put a small thin cable tie round it to keep it in place.

You can see my video which shows the drivers side

[ame]https://youtu.be/Ps0MpeRkYkg[/ame]

Really?? That’s all there is to it? You think it’s just the plastic clip and not a relay/motor?

I’ll try and open up the door next weekend. See what I find. Thanks for the quick response and the tips!

So I opened the door today, and unfortunately, it's not the wire. It was still attached to the indoor door handle with the little plastic hook.

Since I don't hear any motor/relay switching on when I lock/unlock the door with the remote, i'm leaning towards the actual locking mechanism being faulty.

I'm just not sure if the problem is there (the mechanism on the door) or elsewhere (wire leading from the central logic unit to the lock).

I'm leaning towards the mechanism itself, since the rest of the locks are working fine.

I can't post URLs, but do you think this part # will do it?... 51827415
Thinking of getting a pre-owned mechanism, which is about 20 GBP.

Back