General Fitting poly bushes to rear engine mount

Currently reading:
General Fitting poly bushes to rear engine mount

DIDCOTT

I’m looking to replace my rear engine mount and fit the poly bushes to the new mount on the Cinq .
For those that have done it what do you have to do. I found the guide on here for the gearbox mount which I have done. Any help appreciated thanks

I've not done one but that particular poly bush is an insert rather than replacement for the rubber i know that much. On the rear box mount on a cento I alwasy used to just fill the empty spaces with tigerseal or similar. Works a treat and stopping engine moving at all and you don't get as many vibrations transmitted to the shell as with the poly inserts.
Not saying you should do that but its worth considering.

just to expand on that statement. When i had my 16v cinq, i tigersealed the engine mount and both gearbox mounts as the engine sits very close to the headlight (well documented issue with the valver swaps). Engine was solid as a rock and you couldn't rock it even slightly, tigerseal and alot of sealers do not like petrol or oil though so if you have a leak at some point bad enough to get on one of the mounts expect it to degrade. That said, my mounts last a few years until i sold the car and i know it went through several more owners and they were never an issue. I believe that car is now sat in a field mostly stripped :(

Back