Technical Late centre console square buttons

Currently reading:
Technical Late centre console square buttons

RDS

Hello

My console has four blanks in the button section. Any idea what there were options to accommodate?

My original brochures are not clear enough to tell.

thanks

RDS

I was also curious about this but have only found a partial answer. There are additional switches available for front fog lights and, on one US site, an electric aerial control. There are also pictures of so called universal switches with dots or circles on them. Presumably intended for some other electrical accessorise but not sure what! Have a look at www.okaauto.com/x19parts - quite interesting.

Hello Iggy

so I am not the only one left wondering!!

I can see the use of front fog light but the electrical aerials are usually powered from the head unit aren't they?

The link which you posted doesn't work for me; can you please check and confirm or post the content?

Anyone fancy parting with their spare "universal" or other square switches?

cheers

RDS

Many thanks Shawkes mystery almost solved then!! well done to all.

cheers RDS

PS a contractor came to me today to do some unrelated work and was as interested in the car as he was in the other job (ie very). Seems we have a nicely designed car here.....

Sorry RDS for missing the extra bit on the web link. No, I've never heard of an electric aerial being separately switched either! I've certainly never seen a UK car with this feature.

Hello again Iggy

no worries, easily done! There are two light blue/red banded wires in the loom near the aerial in the n/s boot area; i was told those are the power aerial feed/return but not checked that against the wiring diagram.

cheers

RDS

I'm not impressed with my manual aerial at all either. Horrible rubber/plastic thing.

Back