Tuning Seicento t -jet swap info needed?

Currently reading:
Tuning Seicento t -jet swap info needed?

ziziCRO

I'm doing t-jet swap on my seicento ... but couldent find answer in forum threads ... so if anyone can help me I would been thankfull... so I have a t jet engine with ecu and harness is is posibble to fire it ina ma cento up without body computer, do I have to go on standalone or ther are some other options? Thanks from Croatia?

It is possible, but if you have to ask that means you will have to pay somebody big bucks to make it work, far from trivial ;)

I was under the I impression that the body systems computer was needed for the ECU to run. I'm sure someone with the right knowledge could have this function removed so the ECU could run with out it but not sure at what cost.

Also what gearbox are you running with this engine in the cento?

I was under the I impression that the body systems computer was needed for the ECU to run. I'm sure someone with the right knowledge could have this function removed so the ECU could run with out it but not sure at what cost.

Let me elaborate. The Body ECU is mostly needed for the immobilizer system to function. The other function is to get the signals from the Engine ECU to be displayed on the electronic dash.

For the immobilizer two solutions - kill it fully by modding the flash in the engine ECU, or build a small immo-fake module with an Arduino. If you know the electronic key code, that is doable (and no Flash modifications are needed). What is the protocol to make it work it I described somewhere on nefmoto.

For the dash - well, many solutions possible, but again building a small CAN unit out of Arduino that can translate CAN signals into analog ones that the Cinq/Sei dash can understand is one possibility.

And there is a third issue - the ABS ECU. This is where the t-jet engine ECU gets the vehicle speed signal from. This can be neutrialised in the engine ECU flash, but then there will be no speed information in the ECU, and that is actually quite valuable for some operations (for example, gear/speed dependent power limitation to protect the clutch). Some of the engine ECUs should have the possibility to take an analog signal directly from the gearbox (the Flash program has an option for this), but the circuitry is not there on all the ECUs (mine does not have it).

In any case, all three issues can be solved with a carefully crafted Arduino code, one board with a CAN interface. There are even Arduino devices with integrated CAN. You then hook up the dash to this device, get the speed signal from the gearbox or ABS sensor, and hook it up to the engine ECU CAN system.

That simple ;)

I actually do a bit of tinkering with ESP32's which do more or less the same as the Arduions. You hardly have any guides on some of this stuff as it would really interest me as these are problems I too will have to overcome when I do a t-jet conversion as well as the OP.

Shane

The immo stuff I have published on nefmoto:

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=14767.0title=

But note that not all of the ME7.9.10 ECUs have the same CAN ids (some ECUs are k-line for flashing / diagnostics, some are CAN, otherwise CAN is always used for intra ECU communication).

The body dash info and ABS things are rather simple (2-3 cyclic CAN frames that you need to read / write), if you ever need this information drop me a note. And ESP32 is of course even better for this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7iIn7ymyqtwxuOrkeFXYlQ/videos

^^These guys do a t-jet swap in a seicento, they docuemnt a few of the different mounts, clutch, accelerator pedeal...etc

I happen to know "these guys", he actually helped me a great deal sorting out some electronic circuitry for my t-jet ECU projects. But I assure you that they have not used the t-jet ECU for this project, they run it on Megasquirt. Yet more, the project seems to be suspended for the time being and I am not sure of its completion status.

Is there anyway I can pm you woj. I have just purchased a Punto t jet and I am hoping to use the ECU and wiring all out if it to get me going. Just wondering did you use the original ECU?

I have been going through wiring diagrams and from what you I can see as long as the abs sensors are getting some kind of speed input the the engine should run happy enough?

I did not a t-jet swap in my life, I run the t-jet ECU and study it, because I have it in my Grande. But I do roughly know how to make it work standalone.

The ABS sensors run to the ABS ECU, and then the engine ECU gets the ABS info through CAN.

Ah ok, I was thinking of possibly dismantling the abs pump just to have the module out of it as I won't be running abs in the car. Then send the speed from the gearbox into an Arduino and then have it converted to the correct signal for the abs module. I would imagine something like this will work. I would send this signal into each sensor input of the abs module, basically the same speed signal being duplicated 4 times for each wheel

Something like this, but go the "these guys" YT channel posted above, in one of the videos he explains how to make an ultra precise speedometer out of ABS sensors. You could do something like this and then hook it up with Arduino / your board of choice directly and send the CAN signal directly from there, no need to involve the ABS ECU, which BTW is likely to be unhappy if the pump is missing, and needs its own wiring / etc.

Would I need to use a "can bus sniffer" to first figure out what the exact information the ECU would be looking for from the Arduino? I have actually followed their channel and watched their videos, they are very useful.

Thanks for info but it's too complicated for me even to understan ... becouse i dont know anything about programing... I hope I could finde someone that can solve this problem for me....
Let me elaborate. The Body ECU is mostly needed for the immobilizer system to function. The other function is to get the signals from the Engine ECU to be displayed on the electronic dash.

For the immobilizer two solutions - kill it fully by modding the flash in the engine ECU, or build a small immo-fake module with an Arduino. If you know the electronic key code, that is doable (and no Flash modifications are needed). What is the protocol to make it work it I described somewhere on nefmoto.

For the dash - well, many solutions possible, but again building a small CAN unit out of Arduino that can translate CAN signals into analog ones that the Cinq/Sei dash can understand is one possibility.

And there is a third issue - the ABS ECU. This is where the t-jet engine ECU gets the vehicle speed signal from. This can be neutrialised in the engine ECU flash, but then there will be no speed information in the ECU, and that is actually quite valuable for some operations (for example, gear/speed dependent power limitation to protect the clutch). Some of the engine ECUs should have the possibility to take an analog signal directly from the gearbox (the Flash program has an option for this), but the circuitry is not there on all the ECUs (mine does not have it).

In any case, all three issues can be solved with a carefully crafted Arduino code, one board with a CAN interface. There are even Arduino devices with integrated CAN. You then hook up the dash to this device, get the speed signal from the gearbox or ABS sensor, and hook it up to the engine ECU CAN system.

That simple ;)

... one more question; what throttle body can I use that has wire on tjet because original is electronic controled? ??

... one more question; what throttle body can I use that has wire on tjet because original is electronic controled? ??

Commonly used solution on 16V engines is to use the throttle (and actually the whole inlet manifold) from the first generation 1.2 16V FIRE engines. Alternatively 1.6 bravo engines, or what was it...?

Back