Technical Panda Cross ESC & ABS lights on

Currently reading:
Technical Panda Cross ESC & ABS lights on

mikerf

Hi all

I've just changed front and rear disks and pads on my 2015 Cross and have ended up with both the ESP & ABS lights on.

I guess I've dislodged/damaged/inadvertently disconnected something in doing so but I can't figure out what.

I used the method suggested on these forums by yellowcar (I think) where, for the rears, you unbolt the hub from the trailing arm at the rear and rotate the hub to access the caliper carrier bolts (a insane thing to have to do in the first place) prior to swapping out the disks.

As stated, on re-assembly, I've now got ABS & ESC lights on.

Any guidance would be much appreciated as this job has taken way longer due to the stupid way the rear calipers are attached.

How far ahve you driven since? These things sometimes self correct. If not you may need to reset the ECU with MES. Had something similar on one of our non Fiats recently. I unplugged the ABS sensor by accident. It did eventually reset its self. Beware if the systems are not working the car may be difficult and a bit dangerous as the brakes may not be balanced and you can get a lot of unexpected lock ups. I had to dive several miles before the lights went out and normal service was resumed. Obviously turning off and on again may be required so do several attempts after driving a couple of miles.

Thanks guys. I'll go round and check the sensors and try the battery trick. It's been driven for around 60 miles now with no adverse effects but I'll check it out asap.

Another weird thing is the tyre pressure light had come on after a new tyre was fitted. Managed to cancel it on the dash but it's come back on again after the disk change and now won't cancel. Any ideas?

As I understand it, the tyre pressure sensor works through the ABS system, by identifying changes to the circumference of the wheel as the tyre deflates. When you replace a worn tyre, the new tyre will have a different rolling circumference to the old one, so it's not surprising that your TP warning light was triggered by a tyre change. If it's not resetting properly via the dash controls (which simply tell the onboard computer that the current wheel circumference is OK) the fault probably lies with the ABS system - but at least the TP alert will point you to which wheel has a fault with its ABS sensor, which should make further investigation easier and quicker.

Last edited:
Think I've tracked it down to the offside rear which I'm guessing I've disturbed somehow. Might have to splash out on a new sensor.

Back