Blue and Me (USB) replacement port - Newbie

Currently reading:
Blue and Me (USB) replacement port - Newbie

Unknownpanic

Hi I'm a Newbie here so please be gentle.

I'm writing on behalf on my girlfriend who has had nothing but issues with the blue and me.
I'm going to to see if i can by pass the bluetooth features altogether.

Quick question can i just swap out the dashboard modules for one with a AUX port?

Please see the attached, she currently has the Blue&Me USB port only.
Will i be able to perform a straight swap with the new module or is it a little more involved? If so whats needed to get this changed?

Attachments

• 2150009647_c2bb0d6875_z.jpg
    2150009647_c2bb0d6875_z.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2,186
  • s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 150
Welcome to the forum :)

The connector may be the same but the existing system wouldn't know what to do with the AUX port. What vehicle is this in? Grande Punto? TBH B&M wasn't exactly great when it was first introduced, it's only gotten worse. In my opinion, the best option would be to replace the factory stereo with an aftermarket one. Yes, it's a bit more involved but for under £100 you can have something which does Bluetooth (properly!), USB and AUX, and even a CD player if you still live in the 90's ;) Picking the right unit and the right cables, you should even be able to make the steering wheel controls work with it too.

Thanks for getting back to me Eklipze3k

Its a 2009 Fiat 500 1.2 Sport.

That's a little annoying as she would like the stereo as is. Do you have any other suggestions in getting bluetooth or a AUX cable installed (maybe behind the stereo) so i can get this working without replacing stereo?

She actually likes the CD slot as her phone case attaches to it :)

Back