Technical Bypassing Transponder in Fiat Punto 1.2 8v

Currently reading:
Technical Bypassing Transponder in Fiat Punto 1.2 8v

Lockness

Hello to all again, this car just seems to be the biggest problem maker in the world but oh well. Does anyone know how to bypass a key code error or even the transponder in the key all together, for example just having a start stop button in the car. This is because I can't seem to find out why the car keep coming up with a key code error I have had the key checked and they said it was fine. Any thoughts or ideas would be be very much appreciated [emoji846]

You can only bypass it by using the bypass code available at fiat,at a cost,and press the code in using the throttle pedal. Ok the bypass system to check,but pain in the butt to do this daily,as far as I’m aware.

Last edited:
Check connectors and fit a new aireal is about as much as you can do,or find a virgin ECU
Yeah I changed areial about a couple weeks ago and the problem seemed to have stopped but after I changed starter motor the issue has come back

I take it the padlock sign comes on and it turns over but won’t start. Changing starter won’t alter any thing unless you disturbed an earth or live wire required for key code or engine ecu unit!

Yeah that's the problem and no I don't thing I have did it all made sure most connections were sound, and it ran perfectly fine yesturday. Just hasn't wanted to turn on today

Have you tried taking the transponder out of the key and taping it to the steering column near the aerial wire? Gotta be careful slicing the key up though to get the transponder out.
Nope I haven't tried that, but bit cautious to do that since planning on selling the car

Bypassing thr immboliser will redner it even more vunerable to thieves.... and most likely also invalidate your insurance

Get the codes read in the ecu module to find out why its coming on

It may forwell be a canbus error which sometimes shows us a key code error when it actually isnt

Ziggy

Back