new top gear line up

Currently reading:
new top gear line up

I’m not sure I can be bothered to watch it. The BBC are desperately trying to recreate the banta and bravado that existed with old top gear forgetting that it was purely organic and developed after years of working together.

You put 3 blokes in a room and just expect it to work, also Chris Harris always comes across a conceited and arrogant, Rory is boring as hell and the crickter they now have is well... a cricketer

Aye my thoughts more or less. The Beeb is hell bent of flogging this horse to death & squeeze as much money out as possible. Whether you were a fan or not of Clarkson & co, they were the biggest earners for the BBC at the time world wide, & certainly were entertaining for most. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the shenanigans & she is no petrol head.

I tend to watch anything relating the internal combustion engine, & now is the time for the producers to come up with a new fresh approach to the show, however that aint going to happen. After Clarkson & co were out of the picture, there were shades of deja vu & some exact embarrassing course of events & situations that other presenters tried, but fell flat. (n)

Sadly the BBC are still trying to recreate the dynamic of Clarkson, May and Hammond.
It was no longer about cars, more a car-based entertainment show. It needs to be different. Viewing figures were higher than previous incarnations of Top Gear, so we need an entertainment based show, but let it develop into its own thing, not a clone of the previous team.

I shall watch, and judge it on its own merits, not how it compares with anything else. That way, should avoid disappointment.

The reviewers seem to have liked the first episode and as the Beeb only ever listen to what the press have to say, there should soon be another series in production with this crew.

The reviewers seem to have liked the first episode and as the Beeb only ever listen to what the press have to say, there should soon be another series in production with this crew.

Someone said Rory was boring but he redeemed himself by trashing a Suzuki Jeep up a hill while getting beaten by Sabine Schmit in a Fiat Panda.

Quite surprised about how the first episode went, shades of it's been done before & the same routine, kind of still worked to some degree. Paddy seemed to redeem the show in some ways. Early days, but of course stating the obvious, time will tell.

Oh, liked the jumper routine, that was a new twist. Quite funny I thought.:D

over the years the TG with clarkson etc got dull, samey and irritating

the incarnations with Evans, etc, were poor

I didnt watch the new series right away, to be honest I forgot it was on, I watched a few mins of one episode by accident, I thought it was poor so I never bothered to watch another, not even on catch up.

over the years the TG with clarkson etc got dull, samey and irritating

the incarnations with Evans, etc, were poor

I didnt watch the new series right away, to be honest I forgot it was on, I watched a few mins of one episode by accident, I thought it was poor so I never bothered to watch another, not even on catch up.

Not a fan then...:D

Back