General Rear washer

Currently reading:
General Rear washer

Antibody else's rear washer just pants mines basically spray's a small stream straight down not really coving any of the screen and relies on the wiper moving it to cover any of the window

Yep, mine's the same. As you say, it relies on the wiper to move the water about a bit. I usually have to give it a couple of go's to get the screen cleaned. Not sure why they chose to put it where they did.

However, after my previous Alfa Giulietta which used to squirt the front screen when i used the rear screen washer, I'm just glad to be able to wash each end of the car seperately!

Speaking of this anyone. Else have to hold the rear washer for a few seconds before in it starts spraying out?
Just wondering if there's some sort of one way valve that's not doing its job right

Speaking of this anyone. Else have to hold the rear washer for a few seconds before in it starts spraying out?
Just wondering if there's some sort of one way valve that's not doing its job right

I've just taken mine round the block to keep the battery good and thought I'd check mine out for you.
Firstly mine is instant on the press. Secondly it does "spray" downwards covering more than just a straight stream on the rear screen. Not great but not bad. Mine has just had two hoses reconnected by Fiat as it wasn't operating - 1 was in the scuttle panel, the other somewhere behind the spoiler (involves removing spoiler).
My suggestion is, if it is really bad, then you may have low pressure to your rear wiper caused by a leak?
Mine fluid level is full with a decent concerntrated wash too but doubt that makes any difference.
Hope this helps in some way.

I've just taken mine round the block to keep the battery good and thought I'd check mine out for you.
Firstly mine is instant on the press. Secondly it does "spray" downwards covering more than just a straight stream on the rear screen. Not great but not bad. Mine has just had two hoses reconnected by Fiat as it wasn't operating - 1 was in the scuttle panel, the other somewhere behind the spoiler (involves removing spoiler).
My suggestion is, if it is really bad, then you may have low pressure to your rear wiper caused by a leak?
Mine fluid level is full with a decent concerntrated wash too but doubt that makes any difference.
Hope this helps in some way.

Curse you ha been around to puts pin through the pipe?

https://youtu.be/95fPBZwqteQ

Would be in a extremely unaccessible place

Assume it's been leaking since got the car
Only noticed it after giving it a very long spray and found water running down the side of the rear seat

Curse you ha been around to puts pin through the pipe?

https://youtu.be/95fPBZwqteQ

Would be in a extremely unaccessible place

Assume it's been leaking since got the car
Only noticed it after giving it a very long spray and found water running down the side of the rear seat

Ahhh I wasn't actually expecting to be right! At least the faults are consistent.
Are you in warranty? Failing that then I expect it's a hard job (one I wouldn't fancy but I'm sure others would).
We need some guides on things like this if it's a common problem, if you fancy having a go ?

Ahhh I wasn't actually expecting to be right! At least the faults are consistent.
Are you in warranty? Failing that then I expect it's a hard job (one I wouldn't fancy but I'm sure others would).
We need some guides on things like this if it's a common problem, if you fancy having a go ?
No warranty on the car

Anyway if it wasn't fora lack of parts eg joint clip I'd have been done by now

Got it stripped down in about 2 hours

Big pain in the arse
But basic way iv done it was
Boot carpet out to screw fixing

rear seat base out two bolts under rear carpet then lift front out and push against rear seats due to having seat belt through it

Bolt holding centre mount for rear seat back out on top of the pivot point
Tow bolts holding rear of this mount out then two more under bottom of rear seat also Mount rear belt buckles through the same bolts

Take two side trim covers off where the seat back attach to outside of the car

This gave me enough room to lift the seat back up and forward a little

Then I could pop the door seal off and pull the plastic trim panel off around the seat back it's held with those annoying plastic trim clips. Pull it out and forward a little

Next remove the white corner trim covers held with plastic fixings and one bolt hidden behind the airbag word that just pull out reveling a bolt behind

Finally you can get to the panel with the power socket and boot light
This just has a few round two part connectors pull the middle section out and you an pull on the outer section to remove it.
Then a few final fixings behind the need a tug to remove

I'll try and take a few pictures when I put it back together tomorrow to give some more details

One interesting thing is some sort of sound insulation on the rear quarter pannels

A few pics I did take

Edit it may be possible to pull the side trim out enough without removing the rear seat Which will make the process a lot easier
I'll have a look on refit

Attachments

• 20200426_163442.jpg
    20200426_163442.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 110
  • 20200426_163429.jpg
    20200426_163429.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 113
  • 20200426_165503.jpg
    20200426_165503.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Great progress!! No time.like the present.
Your leak sounds in a different place to mine but nevertheless good work in tracking it. Where actually is the leak and is it a fitting that has failed?

Great progress!! No time.like the present.
Your leak sounds in a different place to mine but nevertheless good work in tracking it. Where actually is the leak and is it a fitting that has failed?
Look at the center of the last photo you can see damage to the ribbed pipe that carries the screenwash
I'm guessing the previous owner used plain water or low quality screenwash and it's frozen and split the pipe

Noticed water mark's near the passenger door a few time when cleaning. Always put it down to rain water when the door has been opened

Hi I have problem in my Tipo mats on floor they are little bit wet form washer liquid, did any one of you have that problem? I have to find place where they leak, last year i took my car to Fiat service for MOT and fix rear washer maybe they not connected properly? and my outside temperature sensor look`s like gone. I unplugged sensor in mirror clean inside and still not working. Where I can bay new one?

Back