Technical Fiat 500 ecu

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 ecu

Ginger3

Afternoon guys.
I hope I’m posting this in the right place?

So I’ve had my Fiat 500S for 2 years (14 plate, 1.4turbo) The blue&me and USB port has never worked and the odometer has always flashed. (My stop start also only worked for 2 weeks then just gave up, I’ve had a new battery in and same again, not sure if this is related) I never thought of the mileage flashing as a problem until I’ve read on these forums about fixing my B&M.
Anyway, took it to a garage to have a diagnostic ran as thought a proxy alignment would fix this issue. The guy runs the diagnostic, won’t allow him to do an alignment so he digs a bit deeper...
Finds an error message saying that a test on the radio is ‘mismatched/failed’ (bare with me, I was only watching him so not 100% on what it was saying’
He runs another test to try and reset the ECU but this fails also after multiple attempts and I’m told it’s going to cost £300+ to fix this issue.

Feeling a little frustrated and wondering if anyone can offer advice as to why this has happened (maybe an accident?) and if it’s actually going to cost me a back leg to fix or if there is another way?

Thanks!

Hi. :)

Youve posted in the OLD 500 section.. but it will get moved. :)

Member typecastboy may well have seen similar with the 500 repairs and tebuilds he has undertaken. ;)

Any idea which device the garage was using? As the written explanations of issues ( error codes) can vary.. :(

Charlie

I’m thinking it was an Autel Maxisys that wouldn’t allow him to reset anything. He did try with another device before but wasn’t getting anywhere, that but I couldn’t tell you what that was.
Thanks for the reply!

Blue and Me Modules are not car specific. As long as you get one from the same age of car it should work fine. There's obviously a problem with your module so I would imagine that's why the proxy alignment won't work because the body computer can't connect to it. There are plenty of them on eBay for under £100.

Easy, albeit a bit time consuming to do it yourself. I did a guide recently on here.

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/473718-replace-blue-me-unit.html

Last edited:
Back