Technical map sensor and boost pressure sensor, fault codes

Currently reading:
Technical map sensor and boost pressure sensor, fault codes

limpyjet

hi all, im recieving the following codes from diagnostics: P0235 and p0069.
Turbocharger (TC) boost pressure sensor A/supercharger (SC) boost pressure sensor A – circuit malfunction. (P0235)
Manifold Absolute Pressure - Barometric Pressure Correlation. (P0069)

everywhere iv'e read has said to change the boost pressure and the map sensor. the trouble is, i already have. which is a problem as i would really rather not keep going around in circles. i was wondering if you could offer any advise on what to do as i am at a loss. ill give a list of things that ive changed to try give an idea as to what is new and what isnt. many thanks, cam

new parts
MAP
MAF
EGR
FUEL FILTER
BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR

parts on order, coming tomorrow
Valve, adjustment element (throttle flap) OEM: 46754960

Last edited:
When you clear the faults,does the car drive normal till you put the engine under load ?
no. it runs in limp mode.
or it will run until under load and fall into limp as soon as its in turbo range.
it varies every time.

Check the waste gate on the turbo,get a screw driver or bar, and gently open and close the waste gate. Mine jammed under load,freed it off as above and still good 9mth later. May not cure your fault,but it’s free to do.

been there, tried that im afraid. it was freely moving :/ thanks for the response though

He said 90...

Oooops!

90hp means turbo with variable geometry. This is done by moving a plate inside the turbo via a vacuum actuator, itself ECU controlled by an electro-valve.

When this fails the boost pressure gets so high that the ECU goes in limp mode. No need to replace MAP, MAF etc. Just inspect this VariableVaneTurbo system and fix it, I bet for a broken vacuum pipe...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Last edited:
Back